stomach shrinking?

Options
Today is my 8th day at my new life. I use to constantly eat all the time. But after the 4th day at this, I found myself not hungry near as much. I didn't even eat my snacks today. I used all of my calories for my meals today. Could my stomach be shrinking? Is there such a thing as stomach shrinkage? Knowing my luck, I will say all of this today and be starving tomorrow.:huh:

Hope everybody had a great day!

Replies

• logiesmom
    logiesmom Posts: 142
    Options
    Today is my 8th day at my new life. I use to constantly eat all the time. But after the 4th day at this, I found myself not hungry near as much. I didn't even eat my snacks today. I used all of my calories for my meals today. Could my stomach be shrinking? Is there such a thing as stomach shrinkage? Knowing my luck, I will say all of this today and be starving tomorrow.:huh:

Hope everybody had a great day!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I've noticed this wonderful side effect. This is exactly what I was hoping for when I started this journey.
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think it is the combination that you eat.... when you eat right, your body rewards you. I found when I eat healthy, I don't get as hungry when I eat junk.... I think your body knows that it has what it needs for fuel and stays satisfied longer...... I lost most of weight on the South Beach Diet and that is what that diet is about... I truly believe it now.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    your stomach doesn't ACTUALLY shrink persay. What happens is it begins to get used to the amount of food you're giving it, so you don't feel as hungry, even though you've only eaten a small amount. Another factor may be that you've learned to eat more slowly. It takes 20 minutes or so for your brain to realized your stomach is full. If you're eating very slowly, your brain will realize you're full, and you won't have eaten huge amounts. Oh one more thing, if you drink water with dinner that helps to fill you up as well. If you're drinking a lot more often throughout the day, this could explain why you aren't craving those snacks. Be careful, be sure you're eating all your calories and exercise calories too. But if you are, then great, no more hunger pangs for you! It's a good feeling! :flowerforyou: