Raw Till 4

Options
Anyone doing the raw till 4 plan? Would love to here how you are doing on it. TIA

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but it sounds just gimmicky. Why not eat a balanced diet that is planned out to meet a calorie goal that you can maintain the rest of your life?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    No. Not to be rude but why is 4 the magic number?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's ridiculous and she is not telling you the real truth about her diet.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    Lots of fruits and veggies are great, but Freelee the Banana Girl is nuts. Watch a few videos of her and her buddy. They do a great job of showing their insanity.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Lots of fruits and veggies are great, but Freelee the Banana Girl is nuts. Watch a few videos of her and her buddy. They do a great job of showing their insanity.

No don't watch their videos, don't give these nut jobs any attention. They are full of cr&p and free lee is the worlds biggest troll
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a complicated way to get you into a caloric deficit. (Read two sentences about it on google.)

Just eat a wide variety of foods at any old time you'd like, but stay under your calorie goal. Simple.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yeah freelee is nuts, like they said. I just did it for a big part of December actually. Did not like it. Had me looking so forward to dinner that I ate tons, or ate more cooked foods at night since I couldn't have them for lunch the next day. I did fine with a mini fully raw episode, and do fine with vegan, but raw till 4 increased my bingeing habits. Can't say I reccomend it
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Sounds like a complicated way to get you into a caloric deficit. (Read two sentences about it on google.)

Oh? Did she drop the 2,000 minimum/2,500 better for women and 2,500 minimum/3,000 better for men shtick?

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

Oh? Did she drop the 2,000 minimum/2,500 better for women and 2,500 minimum/3,000 better for men shtick?

This is what I read - doesn't mention Freelee the Weirdo.

"The focus is on eating the right calories, instead of restricting them. Those calories come from low fat plant foods which then allows us the freedom to eat as much as we want. "Raw Till 4 is about eating only raw fruits and greens till 4pm then follow with a high carb, low fat cooked vegan dinner."

• alyurete
    alyurete Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Raw Till 4 is way healthier than the Standard American Diet, but personally I never liked it. Too much emphasis on restricting fat intake. I found that it just made me more prone to binging. A vegan diet rich in starches and legumes is the way for me! I still adore Freelee, though, odd as she is.
  • grinning_chick
    Options
    alyurete wrote: »
    Raw Till 4 is way healthier than the Standard American Diet, but personally I never liked it. Too much emphasis on restricting fat intake. I found that it just made me more prone to binging. A vegan diet rich in starches and legumes is the way for me! I still adore Freelee, though, odd as she is.

Healthier for whom? You? Maybe. Me? Absolutely not. I'd be even fatter and diabetic within a year. And super sick from insufficient animal based protein.

Oh, wait. The diet made you express disordered eating in the form of binge eating? Super healthy, that. Fer shure.
  • grinning_chick
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yeah, it doesn't look liker the fruit bat's "food pyramid" has changed from last year. No calorie deficit in sight:

ds0dkl4bdiq1.png

Why am I utterly unsurprised she stylized herself as a "superhero"?
  • beatua1
    beatua1 Posts: 98 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    10 bananas daily, why, that doesn't make any sense to me.

P.S. There must 20 things on that food pyramid that don't make sense, but I'm most curious about the bananas.
  • RetroPolkaDot
    RetroPolkaDot Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of bananas.
  • alyurete
    alyurete Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Healthier for whom? You? Maybe. Me? Absolutely not. I'd be even fatter and diabetic within a year. And super sick from insufficient animal based protein.

Oh, wait. The diet made you express disordered eating in the form of binge eating? Super healthy, that. Fer shure.
    No. Healthier for most Americans. Following Raw Till 4 would provide a practical deficit for most of the overweight and obese population, especially when you consider that exercise is hugely promoted throughout. Note, though, that I said healthier, not optimal. Which is exactly why I don't follow it... but I sincerely hope you don't actually believe that the Standard American Diet is in any way conducive to good health.
    Binge eating is a problem I personally struggle with, and doesn't really have much to do with the diet at all. But since you somehow still believe the myth that plant protein is inferior, I think I'll have to end the conversation here.
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! :)
  • jandw122912
    jandw122912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A normal vegan diet is a lot healthier... Fruits and greens are great, but that diet seems to be lacking some stuff! And not to mention the HUGE portions... I would vomit if I ate 10 bananas!

Also, a lot of people gain weight doing rt4... Not with it IMO...
  • simplycidalia
    simplycidalia Posts: 46 Member
    Options

LOL. I agree. I can't stand them. I looked into veganism, and if I went full-on vegan, their idea of a diet would NOT be my choice. Wackos.