Vegan Recipes?

Options
giannaluciaa
giannaluciaa Posts: 10 Member
Hey I'm looking for some easy and fast vegan recipes! I've just turned vegan and I haven't found too many yummy food options that actually fill me. Id love to here some of your guys favorite vegan recipes, vegan blogs, vegan food brands, and vegan restaurants! (:

Replies

• jgyurich
    jgyurich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I blend two frozen bananas, 1 cup of almond milk and two handfuls of arugula and spinach mix. It tastes like a banana milk shake and is quite filling.
  • giannaluciaa
    Options
    Thanks! I'll try it out!(:
  • giannaluciaa
    Options
    @jgyurich thanks I'll try it out!(:
  • 314alex
    314alex Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    fatfreevegan.com has some great recipes, many including the nutritional info. Over the last nine years of being vegan, I've found broth soups with lots of frozen vegetables and some beans or lentils are a great way to fill up with few calories and plenty of nutrients. Glad to have you on Team Vegan!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,656 Member
    Options
    Gado gado and Vietnamese summer rolls with tofu are my go to recipes when I've got vegans coming round for dinner.
  • honeyhiker
    honeyhiker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mix a cup of Morningstar crumbles with a can of cream corn and water sauteed onion or dehydrated onion, garlic powder and pepper. Top a baked potato with it. Easy, low cal and satisfying!
  • GoDales2016
    GoDales2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunch is a spinach wrap with cashew herb spread, baby spinach, fresh sliced bell peppers (I like a mix of red, orange, and yellow), walnut halves, and blanched almond slivers. Crunchy & delicious.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    For dinner tonight I cooked up a spaghetti squash with a thai peanut sauce. I was lazy and cooked the squash in the microwave and start to cleanup took under 20 minutes. Added some carrots and cilantro as garnish and it was bliss
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    http://vibrantwellnessjournal.com/2012/11/12/coconut-chia-pudding-recipes/
    Chia seed pudding:
    1/4 cup chia seeds
    1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
    1 1/4 cup plant-based milk (coconut, almond, etc.)
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
    Pinch sea salt
    Optional: 1 -2 Tablespoons chocolate power/cacao powder, protein powder or carob powder.
    Optional: pinch cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, rosewater, orange blossom water.
  • emmae50
    emmae50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love http://ohsheglows.com/ I'm not vegan, but I have her book and have liked everything I've made.
  • Talanch
    Talanch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Super-fast dinner: spinach sesame noodle stir fry

Vegan lentil chilli by Jamie Oliver is another fave.

Cook some pasta, add some frozen peas during the last minutes. Drain and add vegan pesto.
  • relez
    relez Posts: 7 Member
    Options

honeyhiker wrote: »
    Mix a cup of Morningstar crumbles with a can of cream corn and water sauteed onion or dehydrated onion, garlic powder and pepper. Top a baked potato with it. Easy, low cal and satisfying!

This sounds yum! Thanks!
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome resource for easy/fast/vegan/delicious (I'm not 100% sure it's all vegan but many recipes are): http://minimalistbaker.com/
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I covet this recipe for tofu stroganoff. Trust me.

Tofu Stroganoff
    (serves 6-8)

½ lb firm tofu, cubed small (we recommend the San Diego Dairy tofu brand)
    2 c parsley garlic ribbon noodles, or flat noodle of choice, cooked al dente

Marinade
    2 T tamari
    1 T olive oil
    1 T lemon juice
    1 t garlic, minced
    1 T water

Saute
    1 T olive oil
    1 c yellow onion, sliced thin
    1 t garlic, minced
    1 c mushrooms, sliced
    2 T parsley, chopped

Sauce
    6 T unsweetened soymilk
    1 T mirin
    ¼ lb firm tofu
    ½ t sea salt
    ¼ t black pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Combine marinade ingredients with ½ pound of tofu and let sit for 30 minutes. Drain marinade from tofu, saving the marinade. Bake the tofu in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Saute onions, garlic, and mushrooms in the olive oil until soft, then add the leftover marinade. Blend the sauce ingredients in a blender until completely smooth, and then add to the sauté. Simmer for 20 minutes, then add baked tofu. Mix with the noodles just before serving. Garnish with the parsley.
  • amysmartin
    amysmartin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Look up the Engine 2 Diet website and cookbook, I have tried many of his recipes and they are all pretty good.

I also make this slow cooker vegan navy bean soup all of the time, http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/09/slow-cooker-white-bean-soup/