When do you stop logging for the day?

Options
Do you stop logging for the day at midnight or once you've gone to bed? I've always kept logging until I've gone to bed, even if it was 3 am. Just wondering what others do.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I do it before bed.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options
    When I am out of calories, go to bed, or midnight.
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If I eat, I log. I would love to get to the point that I'm no longer consuming food at least two hours before going to bed (11 p.m.) but I get in late most nightsand end up sometimes eating and then going right to bed. Bad habit but at least I log it.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    A day is from wake to sleep (naps may occur during). The day I log it under is the calendar day it was when I woke up.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    If I fancy some hot chocolate at 3 a.m and it will take me over my calorie goal for the day I'll log it in tomorrow's (technically, today's) diary. If I can fit it in the previous day's diary and not go over my goal I'll log it there. As long as my weekly deficit is good I'll lose weight, but I don't like to see the red bits for daily calories.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I log from midnight to midnight. I used to work night shifts and got in the habit then.
  • DavidWood5
    DavidWood5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I log the day before, that way I set my calories for the next day and try not to deviate from the plan.
  • heather0renae
    heather0renae Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Interesting to hear everyone's opinions on this. I've wondered this as well. I'm usually up late so I log it on the day I woke up to.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I log midnight to midnight.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    When I go to sleep. Frequently because I care for my mom, and she sleeps during the mornings well, I will sleep from 4 am to 12 pm. My day starts when I get up after sleeping, whether that's at 6 am or 1 pm; and it ends when I go to sleep, which can be any time between 8 pm and 5 am.
  • ChocolateMjau
    ChocolateMjau Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I stop logging before the midnight. If I eat smth after midnight, that goes as the first thing to my early breakfast. And I make a note..
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    From when I wake up until 6am the next day.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    A day is from wake to sleep (naps may occur during). The day I log it under is the calendar day it was when I woke up.

Yeah, me too. I'm generally nocturnal, so my "days" slop over and through real days. For regimented systems like MFP, I've taken to pretending my current day started whenever I woke up from main sleepytime.

So let's say I woke up at 8pm Tuesday. It'll be "Tuesday" for the sake of my record-keeping until whenever in Wednesday I actually go to sleep for good.

Until I figured this out, it could get pretty confusing.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I count each day from when I wake up to sleep. It's rare I'd eat something at 1 am and go to bed at 2 am anyway.
  • charli3anne
    charli3anne Posts: 25 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I stop after I've finished my last meal. Helps to stop me snacking before bed, but then I'm rarely up past midnight! If had eaten before bed but after midnight would count it as the same day
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    I count everything from when I wake up to when I go to bed. Often this includes things eaten at 2 or 3am, before going to bed. Only real issue is when (infrequently) do not go to bed at all. In that case the first "breakfast" food, or anything after 6am goes into the next day.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I'd go midnight to midnight, although I'm usually in bed before then though so the last thing logged would usually be a hot drink and maybe a small snack about 10pm. It just feels neater to me that way.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Midnight to midnight. I have episodes of insomnia so I often eat meals at non-traditional times, including the middle of the night. As soon as the clock ticks over at midnight, my logging clicks over to a new day

edit: grammar
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    out of bed to in bed regardless of clock
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    when im done eating for the day? lol

even if you eat something else you can add it in. its not like you cant add more.