Opinions/Knowledge needed on Polar HRM's

Options
megz4987
megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
Ive been looking at a few and can't really decide on one. I'm looking for one I can wear all day if I want, looking to track calories, distance and of course with a chest strap. Oh, and affordable :) Looking for <$100
For people who have one: Which one do you have? Why do you like the one you have? what features do you use the most? do you have to specially order your batteries from Polar? Is it user friendly? Any additional info/opinion on it would be great!!

These are the three I have been looking at if you have any others, dont hesitate to suggest!!

FT7-http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U0OFDM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

FT4-http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U0OFD2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

RS100-http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FW3Z6O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    FT7 is so user friendly that its scary. I looove mine, never had one single problem with it!!!! :D
  • 01elizabeth59
    Options
    I don't think the FT 7 tracks distance. I haven't found if it does. My son got this for me due to the ease of use and the ability to change the battery without sending it away. I like it and use it everytime I exercise. Hope this helps!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and I love it! I have a pedometer that I wear when I'm out walking around for extended periods of time (like a theme park) But for doing things on Fit TV or videos, its perfect. Best investment I have made so far!
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and LOVE it, but the think with these monitors are that they aren't made to be worn all day long. If you are looking for something like that, it will cost you more $ (something like the bodybugg). Polars are made to be worn during exercise.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have a Ft7 and I love it, easy to use, it tracks HR, and calories, I use my phone for the distance, but I would recommend it.
  • khicks91011
    khicks91011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, i looked at the polar ones but i was also on a budget when purchasing a HRM. I ended up getting the New Balance N4 from Target it was $69.00. It has a chest strap, and it also holds up to 9 workouts in memory (either 9 or 10, after i log it on here i always erase it) it works great I love it. The strap is very comfortable, I just love it and I did not have to give a lot of money for it :)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Any of those arent going to be accurate to be worn all day, you need something like a body bugg to do that.
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When I was looking to make a decision, I reviewed my local (Sports Authority & ****'s Sporting Goods) Sporting Stores websites and read each review.

I chose the PFT7, because It seemed to have the least amount of flaws.
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the FT7. I liked that with that model you can replace your own battery unlike some other Polar models.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Polar HRM won't accurately measure your calories all day. It will for sports and such but resting hr calorie burn works differently, someone on here explained it a while ago.

They don't usually measure distance either.

I have the Polar FT7 and love it.
  • Dwight256
    Dwight256 Posts: 6
    Options
    I got an FT7 last month and it is wonderful. Even if the caloric burn is just an estimate, it's nice to get an idea of how I'm doing during hikes and basketball games with friends. Then you can come home, plug in the calories burned on MFP, and have at least a decent idea of how much more leeway you have for food that evening. Love it. Very easy to set up too.