It's cold!!!!

Options
Motivation to leave the house and workout when it's cold?? I go on holiday in May, you think that would be motivation enough to lose the 18 pounds i want to lose but nope... I'm still sitting in bed with a coffee thinking i should leave at some point to go to the gym.. but i know i won't. BBBbrrrrr.

How do you all get out of bed early morning to go to the gym??

i've tried after work but i just talk myself out of it.

Replies

• canoepug56
    canoepug56 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You have to want it enough to get your *kitten* in gear and do it.
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Motivation to leave the house and workout when it's cold?? I go on holiday in May, you think that would be motivation enough to lose the 18 pounds i want to lose but nope... I'm still sitting in bed with a coffee thinking i should leave at some point to go to the gym.. but i know i won't. BBBbrrrrr.

How do you all get out of bed early morning to go to the gym??

i've tried after work but i just talk myself out of it.

Gym is a very difficult habit to keep in the winter, I agree. I motivate myself by getting my gym stuff ready before bed. I set out my gym clothes on the dresser and put them on as soon as I wake up, and then I have my coffee. It helps with feeling committed to going because you're already ready.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I just tell myself to get out of bed and get on with it, and make sure there's something tasty in the fridge for breakfast when I get back.
  • parsnipou
    parsnipou Posts: 32 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Where I am now, it is too hot to move, this is my excuse! I guess there is no easy trick and it is far easier to find excuses. The only way I think is really to commit to it and always remind ourselves of how great and how proud we will feel after from taking the right decision. Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    canoepug wrote: »
    You have to want it enough to get your *kitten* in gear and do it.

Pretty much this
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love going to the gym- I look forward to it. Either find something to motivate you or force yourself to go through sheer determination. No one can make it a habit but you. If you can't manage to work out just eat less you don't have to work out to lose weight.
  • dirtycxer
    dirtycxer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am like eviegreen, I set my running or riding clothing out the night before to give me a little more motivation to get outside and exercise in the morning. Get out there and do it!