Fitbit flex and pushing stroller

Options
Was just at zoo for 4 hours. Should have gotten at least 10k. I read about it. it's because my hand are on stroller not swinging. Where do moms wear there flex when pushing stroller. Bra or pants pocket? This going to be my main excersise to loose lbs walking with stroller. Thx

Replies

• julescba04
    julescba04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with my flex and pushchair. Find flex is sensitive enough to pick up all movement.
  • OblasMummy
    OblasMummy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My fitbit charge hr is the same. I've not tried wearing it elsewhere so following.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Did you check the reports to see how many steps it did register

It's not designed to work solely on arm movement

That said I downgraded to a zip and am much happier with it
  • owlcake
    owlcake Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes sorry forgot to mention. It was only 4K. I was walking around for 3 hours, it should have been way more.

I was thinking maybe zip would be better for pushing stroller
  • radmork
    radmork Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i usually just put in that i've done about half hour less walking as an activity than i've done and it adds the steps on. not as accurate but gets you closer to where you think you should be
  • wandererlust
    wandererlust Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have the charge hr and I've checked it while walking/carrying things/pushing a shopping cart etc and it seems to register what I'm doing. It doesn't track based solely on arm movement.
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    With my fitbit flex I wore it around my ankle for years.

I noticed the same issue you had when shopping with a cart, pushing my baby etc. I don't seem to have that same problem with the chargeHR. FitBit does admit your steps may be lower when pushing strollers etc. as you know.
  • Aquabird
    Aquabird Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR. It drove me crazy when shopping or family trips my husband's step count would be 4x mine. It took me a while to figure out it was the stroller/grocery cart. I have been focusing on pushing one handed (switching the FB and arms throughout the day to get balance). I love the ankle idea, though!