Not feeling full

Options
I eat breakfast, then lunch but by supper time I am starving and then go over as I'm not feeling full. What can I do to prevent that?

Replies

• johnboy916
    johnboy916 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to spread your calorie intake a little better by adding snacks between meals and drink lots of water.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary, we may be able to give you specific suggestions :)

Are you getting enough fiber? That helps many people feel more full. Also more protein and fats - use the goals MFP gives you as minimums, and then fill the rest of the calories in with carbs.

~Lyssa
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I add carrot sticks, mangetout, radishes, celery etc and have them with low calorie soft cheese, low fat yoghurt, cottage cheese or low fat quark. My snack comes to 100-150 calories and keeps me full. I also have extra celery etc on hand to eat for when I need to eat. When I get bored with plain dip I flavour it with herbs and spices. Piri piri, curry powder, garlic and chives... Yum
  • ShrinkingKerrie
    ShrinkingKerrie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I get the pots of low cal jelly which mke you feel as though you are eating something but only 6-10 cals a pot.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you allow yourself?

How are you apportioning them?

Do you snack?

What do you find most filling?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I have a snack before leaving work so I am never starving. I then eat slower and make better choices.

The afternoon snack may be as simple as half a protein bar (balanced macros seem to help) a yogurt drink or cheese and crackers.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Potatoes fill be up more than any other food I think. Maybe add some of those.
  • wandererlust
    wandererlust Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 meals and two snacks a day and always carry extra raw veggies/fruit just in case. I find that when I eat whole foods with protein and some fat I stay full for longer. What does a normal day for you look like?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    For me I need a mix of protein and carb to feel sated and I eat loads of veg

But I also eat whenever I'm hungry so won't go longer than 3 hours generally without munching