11 Benefits of Lemon Water You Didn’t Know About

Options
2»

Replies

• Sandyscandy47
    Sandyscandy47 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Lemon water brings our body into a more alkaline state which is better health wise since our bodies are what we eat....acid which promotes cancer cells to multiply
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Lemon water brings our body into a more alkaline state which is better health wise since our bodies are what we eat....acid which promotes cancer cells to multiply

So...drinking something acidic makes the body less acidic?

Sounds like the homeopathic woo I keep reading about.

Gonna go with nope. That's not how this works.

~Lyssa
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

Research and scientific evidence of these claims?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Research and scientific evidence of these claims?

None. The ph diet crap is Woo of the highest caliber. Making our bodies more acidic Or alkaline would be deadly straight up. That's why our body regulates that.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    star1407 wrote: »
    Bless her heart, she was only trying to post something she thought was helpful
    Op I believed it when I first heard about it too, and I thought toxins and cleansing etc were all valid.
    You'll soon learn, there's a lot of " science" that is in fact a lot of old crap

I like you.

Why darling I like you too :)
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

Looks like you don't know too much about physiology. Our bodies regulate our pH through several mechanisms, the fastest of which is breathing. It's not possible to change your pH through the food you eat.

Also, if you were so ill that your pH was out of the normal range, your body your body handles being acidic better than being alkaline.
  • wandererlust
    wandererlust Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Most interesting thread to wake up to
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    And if you're going to plagiarize, at least make it something credible...

Lifehack deserves some kind of award for packing that much derp and woo into a single article. Unfortunately, this is how diet myths continue to propagate.

This is why you win the MFP internets for the day