Subway

Options
If I follow MFP and get a 6" BMT with light mayo and cheese - can I trust the nutritional value on the site? Also, will the veggies add any calories to the overall product and if so, how do I calculate that?

Replies

• abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I always double check nutritional value that someone entered on this site. Go to http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/index.aspx?WT.mc_id=C-SB-NAV&WT.mc_ev=mainNav-MenuNutrition and look up the specifics of your sandwich. Usually I'll just quick add calories or enter your own sandwich into the database :)
  • daniellejg
    daniellejg Posts: 97
    Options
    The nutritional value was probably entered by a member on the site, therefore I usually look it up on the Subway website, they have everything on there :) Just to be safe
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I doubled checked at the beginning and found 90 percent are correct.
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    The veggies aren't going to add many calories to it but if you got pickles, banana peppers, or jalapenos then they add a lot of sodium to the sandwich so you have to remember that if your watching sodium intake....so just be careful with that other than that the veggies will only add about 5 to 10 calories to the overall calorie intake.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Yep, I double check on the website for official counts for a lot of things. I also enter in my own recipes, meals, foods on here so that I know that it is correct for about half of the stuff that my family eats!

As far as Subway goes, I did the 6' inch turkey & ham on wheat. 2 slices of Subway pepperjack is 50 ( I asked). Added all the veggies individually (no lettuce, spinach, bell peppers, tomatoes, pickles, olives, red onion, cucumbers = about 30 calories). Added the triple oregano in & when I was done I saved it as a meal. (no sauce or mayo or mustard)

Good luck!

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I've been going to subway often for lunches the last month or so. I get the 6" turkey and ham on wheat with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, and onion. According to the website this sandwich with these veggies is 280 calories. If I am craving cheese I get 2 slices of American cheese for 40 calories. I never get sauce. I have really learned to like this sandwich for lunch a lot and have found that I am eating it slower and slower and sometimes saving half of it for later in the afternoon. It used to take a full foot long loaded with everything and a ton of ranch to fill me up. Now that just sounds disgusting, almsot as bad as a baconator from wendys. Gross! I love these types of changes that are now instilled in me!