How do I calculate calories for 100 g boiled Soy Bean Spaghetti?

Options
Hello!
I need help calculating the nutritional value of 100 g boiled Soy Bean Spaghetti. I googled a lot and I cannot find anything that I can use and I really don't want to estimate the value.

Nutrition Facts for 100 dry soy bean spaghetti is:
Serving Size 100 g
Calories 360
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 2g
Sodium 0.016g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
Dietary Fiber 15g
Sugar 8g
Protein 44g

Can you please help me?

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    If you ate all 100g of it, then your answer is right there.
  • daremightythings
    daremightythings Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You need to weigh pasta before you cook it. There's not a way to convert dry to cooked because there's really no way to know how much water your pasta absorbed during cooking. For an estimate, I'd say most pasta roughly doubles during cooking so you'd probably log 50-60g raw for your 100g boiled.

In the future, you'll want to weigh dry.
  • iheartcookies2
    iheartcookies2 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    If you ate all 100g of it, then your answer is right there.
    No I didn't even cook it. And there is difference between 100 g cooked and 100 g dry soy pasta when it comes to calories.

• iheartcookies2
    Options
    You need to weigh pasta before you cook it. There's not a way to convert dry to cooked because there's really no way to know how much water your pasta absorbed during cooking. For an estimate, I'd say most pasta roughly doubles during cooking so you'd probably log 50-60g raw for your 100g boiled.

In the future, you'll want to weigh dry.

Thank you!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    You are way over thinking it. Weigh the noodles dry. If the serving size on the package says 100g, you weigh 100g BEFORE you cook it. water/oil/sauce adds all kinds of weight to it after cooking. Foods are always weighed dry/raw/frozen/etc unless the package specifiallt says otherwise.
  • iheartcookies2
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You are way over thinking it. Weigh the noodles dry. If the serving size on the package says 100g, you weigh 100g BEFORE you cook it. water/oil/sauce adds all kinds of weight to it after cooking. Foods are always weighed dry/raw/frozen/etc unless the package specifiallt says otherwise.

:D I know I am over thinking it. lol Over the last year I've become very dedicated to calculating my calories right.
    That's why I've lost 38.4 kg so far :)

I'll cook one portion which is 50 g and then do my math. :)