Plantar Fasciitis

Options
2»

Replies

• jloring90
    jloring90 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds like all the bases are covered here.... make sure what is causing it though. I found that I have extremely high arches. Once I started arch supports my planters went away after three months. Running is still something I take carefully though, just encase.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone for the great advice! You've been so helpful and it's nice to know I'm not the only one out there who suffers from PF. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond!
    I bought a night splint and used it for the first time last night. When I woke up, my foot felt so much better! Not the most comfortable thing to wear but hey, it helped!
    And I have a confession to make. I love to walk around in sock feet. Today I wore my memory foam slippers all day which seemed to be a good thing. Also bought some nice inserts for my tennis shoes too.

I'd love to go to cycling class tomorrow but am thinking it might be best to take a week off and just concentrate on weight training (upper body) and stretching. Just curious- has anyone been able to bike or go to cycling classes without aggrevating the PF?

Thanks so much for all the ideas!!
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using a tennis ball? I roll my foot over one forwards and backwards. Try this when you get up in the morning and before bed for a minute each foot. Also if you have been sitting down for long periods try it before you get up aswell.

This is what worked for me to clear it up.
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Tennis ball and cold water. Massaging your feet gently, feels awful but works.