So I have this dress....

Options
I bought this dress when I was a bit bigger than I am now. It was too big for me then, so I got it altered soon after. I bought it for Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions which is during the first weekend of February. The person who altered it for me is now overseas. I have lost a fair amount in the chest area and now risk showing a bit too much lol. I cannot afford a new dress and it fits well enough for my waist and hips (it's just looser is all :P). The dress has a built in bra that is the correct cup size, but it is not tight enough around my body :P What do people recommend I do?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand the question. It sounds like you need to get it tailored.
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Is there any cheap (Under $20) way to make me bustier so my boobs won't fall out of the dress? lol
  • SizeTenByTeatime
    SizeTenByTeatime Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Safety pins?
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    pichu318 wrote: »
    Is there any cheap (Under $20) way to make me bustier so my boobs won't fall out of the dress? lol

socks in your bra?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Synthetic chicken fillets?
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions?!!!! what is this magic?
  • Kandy4mel
    Kandy4mel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Safety pins. you can adjust how much room you need by cinching the sides and safety pinning from the inside. No one will be any wiser.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Get some of the double stick tape and just tape the neckline in place. Get a friend to safety pin your dress from the inside ... been there, done that...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I would buy a different dress, if you hunt around in consignment/thrift and clearance racks you should be able to find something very inexpensive that will fit and flatter and you will not feel awkward. Seriously, I think it's better to show up to an event in a $15 clearance dress from TJ Maxx or Forever 21 that really fits and is cute, than a more expensive, higher quality item that fits all wrong.
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    A combination of what the others said: Boost your size a little with a good bra, use tape to secure the neckline and use pins to either take it in a little or if it's a wrap dress to simply close the neckline a little.
  • prissymuskoka
    prissymuskoka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wear a satin camisole under the dress to help give chest coverage
  • 2fabulous2Bunfit
    2fabulous2Bunfit Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Belt under the bust. Cinch that beast as tight as you can! Lol
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Chicken fillets in your bra...but I thought you said the cup size fitted

If it's a back zip ..here's some guidelines http://www.merricksart.com/2013/11/resizing-oversized-back-zippered-dress.html

Or sew a couple of darts in the sides
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I would buy a different dress, if you hunt around in consignment/thrift and clearance racks you should be able to find something very inexpensive that will fit and flatter and you will not feel awkward. Seriously, I think it's better to show up to an event in a $15 clearance dress from TJ Maxx or Forever 21 that really fits and is cute, than a more expensive, higher quality item that fits all wrong.
    I love consignment shops, especially when I'm in the process of losing weight. I've found many quality items with the original tags still on them. Guess it's a good thing that some women are compulsive shoppers
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I can't get a new dress because it is a dress I added a few parts to it for cosplay...didn't think this losing weight thing through lol

Thanks so much for the feedback everybody. I have bough some boob stuffers and safety pins....wish me luck.