Working moms supporting each other with tips on losing weight, getting fit & raising a health family

Options
This message board is for moms that work outside the home and have an busy family life. This is place to share tips on balancing it all, while trying to lose weight and achieving a healthy weight and body image. I will post exercises to do for our busy lifestyle along with tips and tricks on eating and balancing our mommy duties. Feel free to share your tips with the group too.

Replies

• mhart1114
    mhart1114 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Preparing my list of to-dos for tomorrow (Sunday). Working full-time I have to prepare some of my meals ahead of time. So on Sunday I will be cooking anything I can ahead of time. I will even slice and chop veggies have them ready to cook.
  • hmdiaz76
    hmdiaz76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I make a lot of freezer meals. I am still working on a list of ones I like that also meet my personal dietary preferences, so it's an ongoing process. But having dinner done in the crockpot or a casserole ready to go into the oven rocks!
  • greeneyedgirl03
    greeneyedgirl03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started again with this app. Looking forward to keeping track of everything and connecting with others :smile: I have found making a menu for the week really helps. It not only helps me make healthier dinners, but it makes life so much easier (and cheaper too!)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I prep meals and snacks once every two weeks. Keeps everything in check, kids get meals from scratch even when I work late. Four kids, work, school... time management is key!! Maintaining about 5 years now..... keeping kids on a schedule is important especially young ones. My youngest two are just 1 and 2.
  • di2712
    di2712 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Menu planning is the best way for me, and cheaper. My problem is two teenagers who work (I'm their taxi) plus 4 year old and shift working partner, how do I find time to exercise.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Lunch break exercise is my secret weapon! I have time between finishing work at 12.30 and collecting kids at 2.30. I have to eat during that time but if I plan ahead and have correct food and clothes it can be done.
  • relez
    relez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to tips!! I work more than full time plus I have a toddler at home. I know what I need to do for a healthy lifestyle (meal prep on weekends, etc) but find it so hard to find time juggling everything
  • greeneyedgirl03
    greeneyedgirl03 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Jessieshanks1981-

Exactly!! I plan my meals Friday or Saturday then head to the grocery store. The menu has been a serious life changer for me. I used to come home tired from work and still have to figure out what to make for dinner, which a couple times a week ended up being take out. Now, we will get take out maybe once a month as a treat. I also save myself time (since I'm up at 5am) and have the kids put what they want in their lunches the night before (minus any cold stuff). My kiddos are 17,15, & 10.
  • prissymuskoka
    prissymuskoka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find time during my work day to be active. It's hard sometimes to devote some of my lunch break to getting outside and going for a walk/run but it's even harder to allow time once I'm home!
    Meal planning is important and ensuring I have healthy snacks in my office. As our lunch room is filled with lots of easily accessible junk food.
    Sometimes I even self talk ahead of time about only eating healthy or allowing for one treat when eating with coworkers.
  • GymnasticsMommy
    GymnasticsMommy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love this... I work 50 hours a week, and juggle 2 kids who are competitive gymnasts to and from practice, plus homework. It's rough. I look forward to the suggestions on here.