At home exercises?

Options
amandatft
amandatft Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all!

What are some at home exercises you can do? With little-no equipment.

I can think of walking/running in place, dancing randomly, following workout videos on YouTube, leg lifts, squats, sit ups, push ups. I have two 2lb dumbbells. I do not have private stairs (I live in an apartment, and I may look silly running up and down a public stairwell!)

Also, what is a good plan/setup to do these kinds of exercises?

I'm looking to lose 10 pounds by summer :)

22 yrs, female

Replies

• 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    Check out blogilates on you tube as well. She also has an app than can be downloaded that let's you just pick a body part to work on.Intense and fun!
  • novembersuse
    novembersuse Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I live in an upper flat, so out of consideration (embarrassment) for the people below me, I don't do anything at home. I do have a hula hoop though - that works if you clear a bit of space :smile:
  • curlyslim
    curlyslim Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Youtube plus fitnessblender.
  • dleivis87
    dleivis87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do P90x DVDs. U don't need equipment other than resistance bands and a pull up bar.
  • Asianbutterflies
    Asianbutterflies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I did Jillian Michael's kickboxing. No equipment but light hand weights. I also like bar fitness. All you need is a chair and light weights. There's a great video on you tube. Good for strengthening and toning.
  • ChristineTucker2
    ChristineTucker2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels DVDs and zumba have helped me a lot. I'm down 49 pounds so far and have 10 to go. My advice is to try to steadily workout at least 30 minutes 4 times per week.
  • simplycidalia
    simplycidalia Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Firstly, I will say that 2-lb dumbbells are okay for using with aerobic workouts, but for strength training, they're a joke. I let my kids play with those. :p Get at least 5-lb weights to start; get heavier ones if you want to build some noticeable muscle tone.

Resistance bands are great too. Inexpensive and easy to store.

• blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I use Leslie Sansone's walk at home videos and Fitness Blender's videos for yoga, stretching, weight lifting/strength training, and kettlebells. For Fitness Blender's stuff, you can use water bottles or soup cans as weights if you don't have any. I live in an apartment as well on the upper floor so I understand your want to be quieter - just turn the jumping moves into something else if need be. My downstairs neighbour doesn't mind at all when I do walk at home videos, she barely notices. I also use Just Dance 2, 3, and 4 for dancing at home on the wii.
  • agirlcalledrinn
    agirlcalledrinn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adriene on YouTube and Resistance Band Training. Got the Gold's Gym ones at Walmart but make sure you get the ones with an over the door doohickie so you can do some of the other exercises. I built my workout with Bodybuilder.com articles and Pintrest. I also go mall walking in the winter, hiking in the warmer months. I live in an apartment and unless I fall out of a pose this is quiet enough.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I second Leslie Sansone videos. Great for upstairs apartments. This is her YouTube channel" www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia

Jessica Smith TV is great too. All kinds of workouts. Look for lower impact, strength, or yoga: www.youtube.com/user/jessicasmithtv

If you like DVDs - both these ladies have DVDs on Amazon
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Rubber bands and youtube....you'll be impressed...no...more than impress of all of the exercises you can perform only with a rubber band, a mat and you in a short...or whatever you feel comfortable in.