Vegetable Lunches/Snacks easy to make/take on the Go

Options
Hi everyone,
I would like to find some vegetable type snacks and lunches that are easy to make and easy to take to work.
I'm hoping to find some interesting ideas outside of raw veggies and dip or salads.
However, if you have a really healthy, tasty/interesting salad recipe please let me know.
I'm wanting to increase my vegetable servings, but keep it healthy and again, easy to make/take with me on the go.

Thanks
ahayden

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Do you have a fridge and microwave at work

What climate are you in?
  • ahayden2015
    ahayden2015 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a microwave and fridge at work.
  • Talanch
    Talanch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Easiest is to cook extra for dinner and reheat it in the microwave at work for lunch.

Foods that are easy to batch cook and microwave: lentil chilli, fried rice with tons of veggies, vegetable curries, vegetable lasagna or pasta with veggies and tomato sauce, vegetable soups (tomato, butternut squash & carrot, minestrone etc).

When in doubt, chuck a load of veggies onto a wrap with some hummus.
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I try to prep a load of veg, stick them on a baking tin with tofu or some feta cheese, season and bake until done. Then I divide into tupperware containers and heat at school. My colleagues always come to the staff room after having lunch at the cafeteria and see my food and they actually get a bit jealous... Recently it's mainly been, carrot, pumpkin, leeks, mushroom and peppers. Today I roasted a whole cauliflower but that's only one or two meals. Probably one. I like food.
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    How about roasted veggies? It's my favorite way to cook them and they taste like savory candy!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I usually do some sort of pasta/quinoa/bulgar salad. I've done pesto pasta salads, cold burrito bowls (which I was a little skeptical about but turned out fantastic). I make a roasted tofu that I toss in some oil, soy sauce, and sriracha which tastes great and can be eaten warm or cold. I've also done Starbucks style protein boxes- some nuts, and apple, some cheese, some sliced veggies.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i make veggie sushi a lot.. nori roll with rice or quinoa.. fill it will avocado, cucumber, and red pepper.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I LOVE soups...minestrone, vegetarian chili, lentil soups...so yum, and packed with veg. I just bought a cookbook of vegetarian recipes for the Crock-Pot, and I love love LOVE BudgetBytes.com. Check out her Vegetarian/Vegan section for ideas, but also look around into her soups, stews, and chilis that you can tweek to make vegetarian.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Tupperware is your friend

Bit hearty vegetables stews seasoned well with herbs of choice (I love garlic, bay leaf thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary for Mediterranean), served on measured rice with cheese on top ...I do this often with squash, carrots, onion, pepper, mushroom, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes and it's around 305 calories for lunch inc 100g rice and 10g cheddar...add Greek yogurt and berries for about 500 calories total filling)

I also make risottos and eat them over salad leaves

Big pot at the weekend and you're set for a lot of lunches

Try www.skinnytaste.com for recipes