Nope
  • bubbagumpfrost
    bubbagumpfrost Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Take pride in each good choice you make and savor the benefits (which may or may not have to do with the scale).
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Knowledge via 2 facts: 1 nutrition educating & 2 the speed of time. When I 1st became aware of how long it's going to take, to lose all of the weight that I desire to lose; it was discouraging but then I remember thinking about the previous year & all of the moments, that I've said "I can't believe that it's been a year already", "it seems as though, this was just yesterday", etc. If all of those memories're, still so vivid a year later; than obviously it wasn't a long time ago & therefore isn't as daunting, as someone 1st perceives the time; to be.

Selflessness, I love to help others when I am able to. If I didn't achieve what I have, then I wouldn't be able; to help you and/or someone else either.

Motivational quotes. I live by them. You know how we're taught about morals, via sayings; such as "Don't cry wolf, if there isn't 1 because when there is 1 & when you'll need help, no 1 will believe you or come help you"? Well I apply that same logic, to quotes; as well. They're lessons to learn & apply. Here's a list of 5, that're the most inspirational; to me:

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail!

Life is like a camera, FOCUS on what's important, CAPTURE the good times, DEVELOP from the negatives & if things don't work out, TAKE ANOTHER SHOT!

To succeed you must 1st improve, to improve you must 1st practice, to practice you must 1st learn & to learn you must 1st fail!

Once you get through, that 1st week, that 1st month & that 1st year, you'll thank yourself; for that 1st day's struggle!

Don't become upset, with the results; that you didn't achieve. From the work, that you didn't do!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

Selflessness, I love to help others when I am able to. If I didn't achieve what I have, then I wouldn't be able; to help you and/or someone else either.

That's a great one! Many times people seem overly concerned about getting support and don't realize that giving it is even more powerful. :)
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    try2again wrote: »

That's a great one! Many times people seem overly concerned about getting support and don't realize that giving it is even more powerful. :)

Thank you & I agree! :)
  • Floridaman789
    Floridaman789 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Remember you put weight on one pound at a time. So take it off one pound at a time.
  • kdogni
    kdogni Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    For motivation I listen to ben combers pod casts and also watch some of ct fletchers videos. :D
  • phste
    phste Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of pants that don't fit. I'm hoping to one day for back into them. That's my motivation.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I think finding someone you admire helps me. For instance, a friend ran a race and posted a picture with her finisher medal. I was so inspired by her I signed up for the same race the following year.

Now, setting PRs at every race I run has been my motivation to keep at running.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Honestly, most of my motivation comes from myself. Good people on here and I love seeing successes and being cheered on, but if I am not motivated to want to lose weight and be better, nothing else matters. Just have to find that reason you truly want it.