Binging problem

Options
Nicolery9
Nicolery9 Posts: 37 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
I am having a binging problem
I went on a weekend trip and when I got back, I started binging on foods the whole week and up by 4 pounds.

these are my NET calories the past few days (after i took off 1250 per day from the total calories that week)

1.1 600
1.2 800
1.3 1000
1.4 800
1.5 2000
1.6 1200
1.7 2300
1.8 2800
1.9 2050

Total: 13550 calories (3.9 pounds)

which is 3.9 pounds

It scares me that I can just keep eating and eating and not feel hungry, and there is no feeling of being satiated to stop me.

I am 5'1 and got to where i am by hard work, although I admit the week before this vacation I did a fast for a couple days and took a dieretic pills, do you think that is what caused it?

Also I noticed that if I don't exercise for a few days, on the 5th day I am probably going to be in a dangerous situation where I want to binge.

And when I don't get enough sleep (like 4 hours a day), it seems like nothing I eat makes me full.

This is what I ate yesterday:
Bf: yogurt granola 300
snack: apple bite 30

chicken 500
ketcup 30
mustard 15
apple rest 20
orange soda 30

Gummies 6 45
golean x7 1330
marshmallow cereal x6 720
tj sample cheese 15
tj sample mac cheese 30
apple large 150
Strawberries 5 50
banana 30

and the day before:
1.8 f
bagel 320
cream cheese 60
cream cheese 20

burger rumba island grill 800
sweet potato fries 400
sauce 30
ketchup 45
apple juice 50

hot chocolate/peppermint coffee 60
creamer 30
hot chocolate/peppermint coffee 60

chocolate bars 2.5 750
hershey pieces x2 50
butter finger 30
tootsie roll lolipop 30
chicken rotisserie, 2 legs, brest, etc. 400
bread 500

pita 200
soup 100
cheese 40

Sample – 2 ham pieces smiths 30
fudge cookies 350
apple 30
granola, yogurt 30
wedge fries – 1 50
Sample – ham piece 20

Vitamins 3 22

what can I do to stop binging?

I feel really upset that I cancelled out 2 months of hard work in like 4 days

Replies

• gems74
    gems74 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've had issues with binge eating. I cut out processed sugar, flour, and processed foods. Since I've done this, I haven't had a binge episode in almost 3 months now.

A book called "Food Junkies" really helped me and got me on the right track.
  • kenzington1
    kenzington1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am currently in remission from a binge eating disorder. I am 5'4, 25yo, & 150lbs. I would average 10,000cal/day. I used laxatives to purge.

It seems that you are incredibly focused on your calorie intake. Sometimes it's impossible not to obsess due to guilt and shame. However, during the really rough times, I find that counting calories does more harm than good for me personally. When I'm not doing so great, I mentally punishing myself by writing everything down. I beat myself up over it. I then get worse instead of better. So when things are bad for me, I stop counting calories. I tell myself that it's okay for now. So I stop dieting and restricting my food. If I am not satisfied with salad or healthier options I am 100% more likely to get into a serious binger. So when things are bad and I want pizza, I eat pizza. I just try not eat the whole thing! Then soon enough I am no longer obsessing and can go back to counting calories. Sometimes to keep on track, you have to get a little off track.
  • Amrita443
    Amrita443 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there m 35/5'1"/62kgs... Initially I was 90kgs ...came down to 54 kgs with strict diet...but m uncontrollably binging for the last 6 months n hv again put bk 8kgs...Desperate to go down to 45-48kgs...Plz help me get bk on track n stop binging
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I binged on chips last night. I ate them 10 at a time. At 5 servings I was about 500 calories over. I drank a glass of water and stopped. I record as I go, not to beat myself up, but just to be aware. I can live with 500 calories over occasionally, but I don't want 1500. After I drank the water I was stuffed.

I don't keep chips and stuff in the house but these were left overs. If you really can't control it then see someone for binge eating disorder. I suspect that your fasting triggered this. I try to stick to my calorie count and not get hungry. If I get too hungry, I often head for the carbs before I know what hit me.
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Try eating slowly and concentrating on your meal rather than television or whatever. The slower you eat the easier it is for your brain to catch up and tell you you're full.
  • Hannahlosing
    Hannahlosing Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Binge eating is tough and can be very hard to break out of, so I'm sorry you are struggling with this. A really good book is "brain over binge" by Kathryn Hansen, it also touches on bulimia and anorexia but the second half the book is fantastic for ways to turn your binge urges and compulsions around. Couldn't recommend it enough! If you are really struggling and it is getting bad maybe talk to your doctor there may be resources available such as types of therapy and medications that can help. Best of luck x
  • Hannahlosing
    Hannahlosing Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Try eating slowly and concentrating on your meal rather than television or whatever. The slower you eat the easier it is for your brain to catch up and tell you you're full.

Second this! look up mindfulness techniques and how to incorporate into your eating routines and habits