Sweet tooth

Options
mizsmith36
mizsmith36 Posts: 1 Member
I have a major sweet tooth. Sometimes the greek yougurt helps, but does anyone know some healthy snacks or recipes that can my sweet addiction.

Replies

• groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Bumping for myself. I have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth. I don't go a day without chocolate if I'm being honest... I'm still staying under my calories and losing weight, but some new ideas would be helpful!
  • johnboy916
    johnboy916 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The sweet tooth is unforgiving. ........... i don't know of any replacement. But, I just smack myself silly and stay the course.... Good luck ;);)
  • joythompson08
    joythompson08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate (think more than 70 percent cacao), which lacks all the added fat and sugar of classic milk chocolate, can actually be a healthy treat in moderation.
  • happykee
    happykee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    sugar free hot cocoa mix works for me
  • joythompson08
    joythompson08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I HATE avocado but the following recipe covers any of the 'avocado' like taste.
    chocolate avocado pudding
    yield: serves 2-4 total time: 10 minutes
    ingredients:
    4 ripe avocados
    1/4 cup light coconut milk
    4 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
    3 tablespoons honey
    2 ounces of dark chocolate (72% or higher), melted
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/8 teaspoon salt

for topping: whipped cream, coconut whipped cream, sprinkles, cocoa nibs

directions:
    Remove avocados from the skin (and pit) and place in a food processor. Blend until combined and creamy. Add in all remaining ingredients, blending until pureed, scraping down the sides when needed to combine. Taste and season/sweetened additionally if desired. Blend for a good 1-2 minutes until completely creamy, then serve with desired toppings.

Note: I have kept this in the fridge for about 24 hours successfully, just make sure to immediately place it in a seal tight container. If you would like a smaller serving, I'd suggest cutting the recipe in half.

• 365CheatDay
    365CheatDay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My oatmeal does it for me. It is like eating cookies for breakfast and who does not like that.

1/2 cup - oatmeal
    16 g - PE science Snickerdoodle Protein
    25 g - Blue Berries
    25 g - Strawberries
    1 TBSP - JIF (More if you afford the fat grams)

Put the protein, oatmeal and JIF in a bowl. Add boiling water and mix to your desired consistency and mix with a spoon. It will be ready to eat in about 1 min. Then add the fruit.

I eat it every morning but if I am having a real sweet need I eat it again before bed. I also double it because of my caloric needs. (I drop the fruit when I want to reduce the calories, and when I am bulking I add more JIF.)

Good Luck. Hope it helps.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    unsweetened alond/cashew milk with chocolate or cookies and cream milksplash....mmmm
  • rojowms
    rojowms Posts: 1 Member
    Options

A couple of ginger snaps after lunch and a couple of Hershey minis after dinner work for me!
  • Jetamu96
    Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth! I allow myself a small treat every day after dinner. Right now i'm obsessed with mini dark chocolate and nut ice cream cones (no added sugar and only 77 calories!)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    dried pineapple & mango also dates are like candy to me love them
    black bean brownies are awesome
    bananas dipped in chocolate and frozen
    fitting in some dark chocolate
    cliff bars
  • 1mom22boyz
    1mom22boyz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love the little York Peppermint Patties for a treat!