not loosing weight

Options
I have cut out carbs and have been eating mostly protein and veggies with one fruit protein smoothy a day and working out at least 45 min cardio a day!Im less bloated have more energy but have only lost 2 pounds!!!! Im trying to loose 5 pounds a week. And seeing as how Im 255 pounds that shouldn't be hard...is it normal for it to take a week for the weight to start coming off?

Replies

• johnboy916
    johnboy916 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    In my experience, it took 4 weeks before I seen a steady drop. 2 weeks before the first drop. 5lbs a week isnt good. Anyone will tell you this...... 2lbs at most.... joyful journeys man.
  • ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Weight loss occurs when you consume less calories than your body burns. Eating less carbs doesn't necessarily mean that you are consuming less calories. It's entirely possible that you are eating too many calories, even though you are making an effort to choose nutritious foods.

Make sure you stick to the calorie goal that MyFitnessPal gives you when you input your stats an goals (and weigh all your food so that you actually know how much you are eating, rather than simply guessing what a "serving" of something is, for example).

Also, have patience :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes down to a calorie deficit. You could eat low carb and all the veggies you want but if your not at a calorie deficit then you won't lose weight.
    Get yourself a food scale and weigh all your solids ans measure all your liquids. Learn how to log them all properly . remember calories in / calories out .
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have cut out carbs and have been eating mostly protein and veggies with one fruit protein smoothy a day and working out at least 45 min cardio a day!Im less bloated have more energy but have only lost 2 pounds!!!! Im trying to loose 5 pounds a week. And seeing as how Im 255 pounds that shouldn't be hard...is it normal for it to take a week for the weight to start coming off?

Get a digital food scale and weigh everything you eat and measure everything you drink to ensure that you are in a calorie deficit.

5 lbs per week is a much too aggressive goal (you are looking at a daily deficit of 2,500 calories below your TDEE to achieve that) Set at 2 lbs per week and if you get anything higher take it as a bonus.

If you have cut out all carbs (although there are carbs in fruit and veggies?) you need to be supplying your body with an alternative fuel source, which should be fat if not carbohydrates.

Seem to remember that just eating large quantities of protein isn't good for you but can't remember where, hopefully someone can clarify that point for me
  • connieelaine24
    connieelaine24 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You should be prepared for the long haul, I think we all wish we could lose 5lbs a week but that really isn't realistic and will surely leave you with a feeling a frustration and cause failure. Consider that you making permanent improvements in your eating and your activity level and accepting that will help you stay on course and with time you'll see improvements.
  • scott77_
    scott77_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal was 1 pound a week with a starting weight of 223. I have lost 40 pounds in 10 months. I document everything I eat on MYFITNESSPAL which gives me calories, fat, etc that I can eat in relation to my weight. The accountability for daily documentation has helped me. You can get to your goal, and it may take a bit longer for you to achieve it but it WILL be worth it. I have learned that things that come easily don't mean as much as things that I have to work harder at. I appreciate things much more. My thing is patience. I need to be patient with myself and know it is a journey worth taking slowly. Also, be easy on yourself.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    As others have stated, put that 5 lb. a week out of your mind as that is not a healthy way to go. Your body is probably adjusting so you will begin to lose if you just stay the course. There will be good weeks and sometimes a bit of bouncing around in your numbers, but that's part of the process and to be expected. Just keep eating well and moving and you'll make it!
  • Patriciaenola
    Patriciaenola Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Anyone hoping to lose 5lb a week is asking for too much - sorry love - truly !! but also too much protein - where do you reckon you get muscles from - PROTEIN - either way it does not sound a balanced form of eating see what ChrisM8971 says re carbs and fats - that is a good point - I do so wish you well - but - stick to the Calorie count - that is the best way - I have tried the high protein diet (never again) just a thought I once was 203 pounds and five.two tall now around 152 but that has taken over a couple of years
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You're not going to lose 5 pounds a week. In order to do that, you would need a deficit of 2500 calories a DAY. That's impossible. Two pounds in a week is an excellent start, and you shouldn't be aiming for more than that.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Weight loss comes down to a calorie deficit. You could eat low carb and all the veggies you want but if your not at a calorie deficit then you won't lose weight.
    Get yourself a food scale and weigh all your solids ans measure all your liquids. Learn how to log them all properly . remember calories in / calories out .

This.