HELP MEEEE

Options
I am going to start walking on the treadmill at my gym and I need people who are great motivators to help me stay on track/ bug me and make sure I am going! haha I also would like to know if anyone has any good tips for me? I am trying to lose 100+ pounds and would like to know if I should eat back calories I burn or if I should make my deficit larger etc.

Thanks!

Replies

• swissmiss431
    swissmiss431 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Eat your calories! It keeps your body from going into starvation mode which will slow down your weight loss.

When I was going to the gym regularly I was downloading some "trashy" tv from iTunes and only allowing myself to watch it while I was walking on the treadmill.

Good luck!
  • dangerdriscoll
    dangerdriscoll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    'Starvation Mode' isn't a thing, so please don't worry about that, Torayy. If you feel you need to eat back the calories, do so - just always stay within your limit.

I found the treadmill a little bit dull so listened to podcasts or radio.

Good luck! You can do this :)
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My only tip is to not overdo it when you're just starting out. You don't want to work to your absolute maximum and risk injury or burnout. Do something reasonable for you. Then do it again the next time, and the next. Build up your endurance over time.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eat back around half of them
  • torayyyskinny
    torayyyskinny Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks everyone! I know I am not trying to wear myself out like 64crayons was saying- that's why I think I will take it easy and just be walking- I do have a lot to lose- but I feel like I can actually do a lot- walking and stuff isn't hard for me- I go out dancing quiet often- I just don't really log that kind of stuff cause it doesn't come to mind- But I am excited to start walking on the treadmill- Does anyone know of any other workouts I should be doing? My doctor said I shouldn't be working on strength training just yet because that might cause bulkiness and I will just be building muscle under my fat.. I don't know though, any insight is helpful!!
  • Hoooooooooo
    Hoooooooooo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try the rowing machine too. Great for interval training and really good for overall fitness.