Nearing the 50 pounds lost mark! Any ideas for a celebration

Options
Hard to believe I'm 1.1 pounds away from the 50 pound mark. I feel like I should celebrate in some way to myself.. but I'm not sure what to do.

Has anyone had a particularly good personal celebration for a goal met? Any ideas?

Replies

• ivy2009
    ivy2009 Posts: 75
    Options
    I avoid celebrating with food. I enjoy celebrating with new, cute clothes in a much smaller size!
  • tukrainets
    tukrainets Posts: 119
    Options
    i agree.. i avoid celebrating with food.. treat yourself to a mani/pedi.. new hair color/cut.. a new cute outfit.. shoes... maybe a day at the spa, massage... :)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Manicure, pedicure, massage, facial, shopping, a new hair cut or color, a new book or a movie (no popcorn) Just pick one or all of the above if your checkbook allows it.

Congratulatons, well done and keep up the good work!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    The above are all good ideas. Consider signing up for an event or adventure now that you have re-established the grip on your health. Or maybe a hike/trek to someplace special that would have seemed too difficult when you first started this transition.

Congratulations.
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Awesome goal to be achieving!! I am inspired and in awe as i'm struggling to get to 30 pounds (but I will!).

You should definitely mark the occasion in some way that has meaning to you. Also, be sure and take a picture and really see and appreciate the new you!

Congratulations!
  • perlah
    perlah Posts: 21
    Options
    Congratulations! All of the above ideas sound fun!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    New clothes, a tattoo (if you're into that), a mini vacation (or a big one!), a makeover (new hair cut/color, mani, pedi, facial, massage, new outfit).

Congrats on your success! You deserve to celebrate!!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I already had some clothes in smaller sizes (luckily I saved them), so instead of buying a new wardrobe, I treated myself to a new perfume when I hot my goal weight. Coach, smells beautiful! =)
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Once I get down to 230, it's skydiving time! :smile:
  • aarostoc
    aarostoc Posts: 22
    Options
    I told myself that I wanted to lose 50 pounds by the time I go on vacation, so I can ride amusement rides with my kids. I'm down 44 pounds (as of Sunday), and I leave on vacation in about 2.5 weeks. It's going to be close, but I won't actually ride the rides for another 2 weeks after that (at the end of our vacation time). So by then, I should be at my 50 goal (or more hopefully).

Maybe look for something that you have always wanted to do?? Good luck and keep plugging away!
  • CarmenSox
    CarmenSox Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    New Shoes!!!!

I have been thinking about this same thing actually. I am thinking a new tattoo when I hit 100!!!!
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Your post made me think of something I may do myself. I know it would make me feel good.

Donate a pound of food for each pound you lost to a local foodbank.

It's better to give than to receive right? Plus it would be somewhat symbolic of getting rid of that weight by giving it away...
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    A day at the spa! Tell them what you are celebrating maybe they will put a special package together for you! Congrats!
  • MMGoodSF
    MMGoodSF Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will stay away from food-based celebration, and pick something nice from your ideas. Appreciate the inspiration!
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm close to 50 too :) Not as close as you but still!

My idea was to celebrate with chinese food haha but I think I will just buy something cute instead.
  • doit_4life
    doit_4life Posts: 55
    Options
    Treat yourself with something like....haircut/haircolor...manicure/pedicure....something to make yourself feel better without food...
  • MMGoodSF
    MMGoodSF Posts: 26
    Options
    You're so close! Congrats! Isn't it a cool feeling?
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I agree Mani.Pedi, and maybe a new hair cut!! 50lbs is a huge milestone.Congrats
  • 1440Fierce
    1440Fierce Posts: 28
    Options
    How about bungee-jumping? LoL ~ if that sounds more like torture than celebration, how about making a bucket list and crossing out a sentence. Are you into tattoos? Mini-vacations? Concerts, the list goes on! My personal faves include modelling (for a friend!), outdoor adventures and vacations, new outfits and/or hair, or something to feed a hobby (like a new camera or brushes!). If I'm low on cash or it's been awhile since I've had time to myself, my rewards are usually in the form of a book and a quiet little getaway outdoors. Get inspired, what have you always wanted to do? :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!