Protein Powder suggestions

Options
Hi all!
At this point of my weight loss journey, I would like to incorporate protein supplements for after workouts. Still need to lose 30 more pounds so does any one have any suggestions to help with weight loss and lean muscle?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Protein powder isn't a magical fat loss/muscle gain powder. It simply enables you to supplement your protein intake if you can't eat enough through food.

If a protein shake is putting you over your caloric intake for the day it will stop you reaching your goal. You don't need to down a shake immediately post workout, but if you want to, I'd go for a WPI.
  • lizkharvey
    lizkharvey Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    VegaOne!! The "All in One" . Has 20 grams of vegetable proteins, probiotics, non-dairy which helps weight loss, low sugar, lots of vitamins, 6 servings of veggies, omega 3s... it's awesome :) I just blend the french vanilla with fruit and ice and have that for breakfast
  • deanaferrari
    deanaferrari Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Garden of Life has a number of awesome products. You can get it via Amazon or at a vitamin store. (Disclaimer: I have never used them for workout recovery or anything like that - just meal replacements. Subsequent blood tests showed improved protein, iron, vitamin and mineral levels in my blood - and this was the only addition/replacement in my diet at that time.)
  • KeoniD
    KeoniD Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like the Isopure Low- and Zero-Carb protein powders. They actually taste good - at least the ones I've tried.
  • buffalobill41
    buffalobill41 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would just try the cheap stuff at walmart/target. I personally think that most of the ones that say they're somehow better (more natural etc) are just trying to con you into paying twice as much, especially if you're not a bodybuilder and won't be consuming that much. And for flavors chocolate has definitely been the safest route for me, some of the others have been nasty.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Protein powder doesn't help you to lose weight. It will just help you reach your protein goal if you're struggling with that. After that, it's just personal taste. I like Trutein's cinnabun flavour, personally, though some find it a bit sweet.
  • natedoglara
    natedoglara Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am about to start using as well. Have compared many I am starting at using one from Sams Club. Com eas I believe, $33 for 5lbs. Look into it. I about got Walmart but figured I'd look at Sams. Add me
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Define "workouts". If pumping iron, then YES, you need Protein immediately post workout, to
    begin the muscle repair process. If Cardio, much less so.