10 pounds in 3 weeks

Options
I weighed 197 three weeks ago, my blood pressure was 133/90. I needed a good scare and direction to take better care of myself. So I did...immediately! Restricted my diet to 1900 calories a day, kept track of what I ate...very important!, no bread, pasta, sweets, alcohol. NO ALCOHOL! It's no good for you anyway. Really is tempting poison! The sweetest thing I have been eating at night would be unsalted rice cakes with humus. Lots of water, sparkling water...always have water near you...it really helps. Lots of vegetables, stir fry vegetables, lean chicken, tuna fish, salmon, lean flank steak, and fruit..mixed berries, apples. So yesterday I went back to the doctor and weighed 187 pounds and my BP was 112/70. It can be done. I am not tired....more energy....on the right track to lose another 15 pounds without ever being hungry. I had to learn to eat right!

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far. 3 weeks is a short amount of time. Keep building those healthy habits and keep this momentum going so you can enjoy improved health and vitality for the rest of your days.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    You are off to a great start. Congrats on the 10 pound weight loss. :)
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Fabulous start!! keep up the great work :smiley:
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great start!!!
  • BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! The most valuable thing in life, and what money can't buy, is your health... and you're creating a healthier YOU! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    As long as you've had that hard, honest, talk with yourself and are in agreement what you are doing is sustainable indefinitely for you and your lifestyle, well done!
  • Panda3270
    Panda3270 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great start and thank you for the healthy tips!!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • delgph
    delgph Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!