To all the men who wonder about 30 day shred.

Options
I have seen alot of post regarding whether or not men can/should do 30 day shred. As a man who just finished day one I can say emphatically YES!! If you are a man and you want a good all around workout by all means give it a try. (^_^)

Replies

• carlhunt3r
    carlhunt3r Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Up to Level 2 and its a complete killer like!
  • RoseCoreling
    RoseCoreling Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My husband has done it a few times with me!!
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    unless it involves stirrups, I see no reason why a man couldn't do it. :-P
  • Skolls081102
    Skolls081102 Posts: 184
    Options
    I progressed to level 3 by my 18th day, and quickly bored of doing the same workout over and over again. Don't get me wrong- Jillian is a SADIST!!! And it is a good workout, just not enough for me. After doing the 30DS for 20 odd days, I moved on and realized I could do Insanity (which I had figured was well above my abilities). I graduated Insanity Memorial Day Weekend. Now that I have graduated from Insanity, I alter my workoouts to keep the boredom at bay. I have been walking/jogging, doing Zumba, throwing in a few Insanity workouts. I plan on adding some P90X and I would definitley consider adding back in a 30DS workout. Especially being they are nice and quick.
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    My boyfriend does it with me and he's sweating and complaining when we're done!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Well I'm going to show my hubby this because he refuses to try it because a "girl " teaches it! And thinks its not as tough
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I would have no problem, conceptually, doing the 30 day shred. However, since it is Jillian leading it, I would find looking at her very distracting. :wink:
  • Koalaboo
    Koalaboo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My fiance does this with me and it is very doable for men. Glad to see that other men are enjoying it, too!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    My husband completed the shred when he saw me doing it in 2009. Sometimes together and sometimes on our own. He got it done and also ran a mile or 2 after. He lost 30 lbs in 6 mths by just doing this and yes he has kept it off! :wink:
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    My husband did the 30 Day Shred with me back in February. He was out of breath and sweated through it so I know it is tough enough for a guy to do!! He doesn't even want to try her new Ripped in 30! Which, by the way, is a good workout to try when you are done with the shred. It is set up just like it but tougher.
  • Sway
    Sway Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    unless it involves stirrups, I see no reason why a man couldn't do it. :-P

LOL!!!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I love doing it with my dh... We have a sweaty hug afterwards :laugh:
  • Skolls081102
    Skolls081102 Posts: 184
    Options
    I would have no problem, conceptually, doing the 30 day shred. However, since it is Jillian leading it, I would find looking at her very distracting. :wink:

Dear lord, please tell me you mean that you would be distracted by her gigantic nostrils and ugly face??? I've seen only one picture of her that she looked good in. Other than that, she is hideous!!! :wink:
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has been doing it with me and finds it hard.
    He is a Pro Golfer who plays Gaa,Ruby & runs so is fit enough.
    Not just one for the girls :wink: