January - March: Clean Eating, Sugar-Free Challenge

Options
snowbuni1982
snowbuni1982 Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2016 in Challenges
I want to start this challenge for anyone that wants to challenge themselves to eat, "clean." There are many definitions of clean and I'll let you choose your own path, but the purpose is to cut out the crap.

Are you eating junk that simply isn't fuel for your body? Okay, so join TODAY. Here are the rules:

1. From this very moment forward, you have to comment everyday on this forum; even if you slip. Let's just see if we can accomplish what we've set out to do from now through the end of March 2016. Commenting daily will help remind you why you want to do this. If you need to, comment all day long; whatever it takes to remind you why you're here.
2. Encourage someone else; we are a community trying to better ourselves. Support is key.
3. Ask for help when you need it. What do you truly need to stay on track? Even if you can't find it here, it won't hurt to mention it.

With that said, game on. Here I go to!

Replies

• snowbuni1982
    Options
    Day 1 for me: I started this, but I'm afraid I can't do it. I have a HUGE addiction to sugar going on right now...ugh detox here I come! :neutral:
  • snowbuni1982
    Options
    It's 3:15pm and I'm in the afternoon lull; feeling tempted. I choose to stay strong! I can and will not eat junk.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Do we just join here? I'm willing to join! BUT I can't really count today since I have had a junk filled day to begin with! HAHA! But I can start from this MOMENT.
  • snowbuni1982
    Options
    penrbrown wrote: »
    Do we just join here? I'm willing to join! BUT I can't really count today since I have had a junk filled day to begin with! HAHA! But I can start from this MOMENT.

You sure do! I'm keeping it simple. Start from here on out. Let's clear out the junk! Even if it's just me and you! Let's do this!
  • snowbuni1982
    Options
    Day 2 for me: I made it through the afternoon without eating crap at work, but I had 2 vodka/sodas with some agave nectar in them last night. So I'm gonna do today minus that stuff.
  • Darjaurhziva
    Darjaurhziva Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today i have 1.5dcl champagne and 25g 70% dark chocolate. I can't give up chocolate especially after healthy lunch.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Deep Sigh! I'm in and good timing. Couldn't resist a sonic cookies and cream sundae last night and of course, a little guilty but boy was it good!! Today, one scrambled egg with arugula, green bell peppers, scallions, habanero. Coffee uh-oh, I think coffee mate is far from clean right? Are protein bars clean?
  • snowbuni1982
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Deep Sigh! I'm in and good timing. Couldn't resist a sonic cookies and cream sundae last night and of course, a little guilty but boy was it good!! Today, one scrambled egg with arugula, green bell peppers, scallions, habanero. Coffee uh-oh, I think coffee mate is far from clean right? Are protein bars clean?

CeBee well done! If, "clean" to you is avoiding the Sonic, then the coffee-mate might be your clean. You know what is causing trouble for you and your health. Avoid the stuff you know is hurting you; i.e. the junk! Let's do this!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Thanks, Snowbuni! Contemplated ending my vacation tonight with another treat and recalled this challenge! Soooo - no to apple pie and ice cream and yes to one half bell pepper and two tbsp of hummus. Even chose the pepper over garlic pita chips! Will end the evening with some dandelion tea. Yay, me!
  • pianistliz
    pianistliz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Doing a Paleo elimination diet for the next few weeks as I have a lot of health issues and food intolerances. Sugar cravings are my enemy.
  • tamlyn1980
    tamlyn1980 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in. After the holidays I really need to focus on getting rid of the refined sugar in my diet and getting rid of the baby weight. So far, today, so good. Oats and apple with cinnamon and unsweetened yoghurt for breakfast. Canned salmon and red cabbage steamed for lunch - trying to eat what's in the pantry so I can stick it with stuff I like more. Snacks so far cashews but about to grab a cup of rooibos tea and some almonds for afternoon tea.
  • tamlyn1980
    tamlyn1980 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Made it! Bedtime and the only bad thing today was a fake sweetener in my evening cup of tea. Should have left it out all together. Hopefully will feel better after a few days without added sugar. I think it really must be addictive because I feel like I did when I quit smoking!!
  • snowbuni1982
    Options
    tamlyn1980 wrote: »
    I'm in. After the holidays I really need to focus on getting rid of the refined sugar in my diet and getting rid of the baby weight. So far, today, so good. Oats and apple with cinnamon and unsweetened yoghurt for breakfast. Canned salmon and red cabbage steamed for lunch - trying to eat what's in the pantry so I can stick it with stuff I like more. Snacks so far cashews but about to grab a cup of rooibos tea and some almonds for afternoon tea.

OH gosh! I am so there after the holidays! My pants are tight....:( Stay strong and just do 1 thing each day to move towards your goal.
  • snowbuni1982
    Options
    Day 3 (of posting): I missed posting this weekend as I wasn't near a computer....I kicked booty this weekend. Although I wasn't 100% what I wanted, I passed on a ton of stuff that normally derails my efforts.

I really want to stick with this challenge, post everyday, and simply CUT THE JUNK!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Me bad girl. Arrgh! Had a 12hr road trip back home post holiday with family who decided kfc and Dairy Queen were the places to stop! Rant over. Back at it today.
  • snowbuni1982
    Options
    Welcome back CeeBee...I missed posting too. The point is to just focus on you; eating clean and powering yourself through the day. Think about what it takes to energize you in a meal.

Day 4 of posting for me: I'm doing great at this, but gotta cut the booze. I've cut the other sugars...okay so today I'm going to refrain from booze. Let's see how this goes.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Thanks!! Was down a pound despite the setback. Just 6 pounds to go to GW. Gonna try it slow. Being petite and over 50 just not helping! I can do this, tho!! Was able to say no to the Chinese food others ordered.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Pretty good today. 45 min of high intensity interval training. Ate clean. No late night snacking. Using my sugarless gum and altoids to deal with sugar cravings.
  • snowbuni1982
    Options
    Haven't been posting daily, but definitely cut out the sugar; however, my booze consumption has gotta go down if I ever want to lose weight? Def. not clean. How's everyone else doing? I'm proud of the posts.