DASH diet and Hypertension

Options
Hi All. I am hoping to find someone who is following the DASH diet successfully and using MyFitnessPal and possibly FitBit to follow along with in encouragement! I am a 45 year old mother of 2 littles recently starting DASH and FitBit. Long time "dieter"

Replies

• determined2suceed
    determined2suceed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm starting the dash today! Phase 1 day 1! Really committed to being successful! I'm a mom to 5 so I'd like to be around for some grand babies some day! Would love to have a buddy!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I didn't really follow the DASH diet, but I did my best to stay under my sodium goal for the day and paired it with exercise (also used a Fitbit). I was able to lower my blood pressure naturally to the normal range. Good luck! :)
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    It really works because you are forced to cook your own foods and give up the processed foods.
  • caris3
    caris3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this diet too! For the first time, I'm losing weight for health reasons instead of trying to look better. I'm only 28 but I already have higher blood pressure and sugar levels than I should. It's scary.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm on day 1/P1.
    I've done similar lower carb in the past with success. I'm doing this because i'm 100 lbs overweight and on 2 blood pressure meds and still it runs high! I've heard so much good things from the FB group about how it really brings your blood pressure down (and weight) so I've got to do this!!
    Feel free to add me (any of you!!). Thanks!!