Woke up in a total funk.

Options
I woke up in a total funk this morning. Don't want to exercise, don't want to eat right, been lazy all day, slept most of the day, don't want to go out, don't like MFP...this is the first time in 12 weeks I've felt this way. Hope it passes tomorrow. Anybody else get this way and what do you do to kick yourself in the butt to get over it.:frown:

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Every day. Yup. I just have to MAKE myself do it, to be honest. Sometimes other people kick my butt.

SO - Snap out of it! You CAN DO THIS! Have a nice meal and go work out!!!
  • kbirk1963
    kbirk1963 Posts: 42
    Options
    i'll try harder
  • oldscratch
    oldscratch Posts: 146
    Options
    Every day. Yup. I just have to MAKE myself do it, to be honest. Sometimes other people kick my butt.

SO - Snap out of it! You CAN DO THIS! Have a nice meal and go work out!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^ what she said! :) MAKE YOURSELF!! i do
  • pbolton16
    pbolton16 Posts: 87
    Options
    I woke up in a total funk this morning. Don't want to exercise, don't want to eat right, been lazy all day, slept most of the day, don't want to go out, don't like MFP...this is the first time in 12 weeks I've felt this way. Hope it passes tomorrow. Anybody else get this way and what do you do to kick yourself in the butt to get over it.:frown:

wrote about this a little this morning man and sometimes I just thing about what the end of the day will be like or i will feel like that I didn't work out. Sometimes I just get in the car and head to the gym. Just go and if I'm feeling off maybe that day just do a light workout to get warmed up and wake up.
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    well, you "dont like MFP" but at least you logged on long enough to say that as opposed to not logging on at all! Everyone is allowed to have an "off" day, just stick with it and do the best you can....cut yourself a break, remind yourself that tomorrow is a new day....at which point suck it up and don't forget your goals and why you're here! (i obviously mean that in the nicest, most motivating way possible!)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I tell myself: the plan is in place, and I'm following the plan. Period. I actually say out loud, especially when I start thinking I don't feel like working out, I say STOP! and get it done.

I can't trust my emotional states, so I prefer to *try* to call on my rational thinking mode.

You can do it!
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    well, you "dont like MFP" but at least you logged on long enough to say that as opposed to not logging on at all! Everyone is allowed to have an "off" day, just stick with it and do the best you can....cut yourself a break, remind yourself that tomorrow is a new day....at which point suck it up and don't forget your goals and why you're here! (i obviously mean that in the nicest, most motivating way possible!)

i'm with her.... you have an off day.. ok it happens, not everyone can go go go all the time... so revel in your selfness, be lazy, eat crap, go watch a movie and sleep, tomorrow you should be refreshed and you can hit it hard again
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    Days like that are no fun at all!! I have been there and done that many times. Try and do some kind of fun activity. My husband and I bought tennis rackets at a garage sale and we have so much fun that I forget it's exercise! Sometimes you need a break from the gym and the fitness videos. Do something fun that gets you moving.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Yep and we can't blame it on TOM! LOL. Those are the days you just move your feet and let the motivation follow.
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I think everyone feels like this from time to time. You just have to get through it! Just do what you know you have to!
  • youngpat
    youngpat Posts: 12
    Options
    I have been that way for a few week now and I am just upset with myself. I made my mind up today to get back at it. so, no you are not alone just hope yours don't last as long as mine.
  • Jreneewright
    Options
    ALL THE TIME!!!

BUT YOU GOTTA WAKE UP AND MAKE YOUR SELF DO IT!! CHOOSE YOUR ATTITUDE! YOU CAN DO IT! TRUST ME YOU HAVE PLENTY OF SUPPORT HERE FOR FUNKY DAYS!!

GOOD LUCH DARLIN!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll go out for a walk. Geez, it's like I've got a hundred or so drill sargeant/personal trainers. LOL
  • LesmillsJunkie
    Options
    All the time! And like others I just give myself a swift kick in the butt and go do a class. 95% of the time it pulls me out of the hole I crawled into. The other 5% I still don't care, but at least I know I won't be even deeper in that funk because I didn't go
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    Yep and we can't blame it on TOM! LOL. Those are the days you just move your feet and let the motivation follow.

haha this made me laugh!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    :blushing: OH. LOL, I just figured out who TOM is. Thanks. I am actually laughing.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    You have to make yourself do it, pretty soon you will feel guilty if you don't do it.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    :blushing: OH. LOL, I just figured out who TOM is. Thanks. I am actually laughing.

Soooo...how did your day turn out? Did you get your buttocks to the GYM??? :-D Nothing like a good workout to get you out of a FUNK. I hear you about those days. Benefit to my profession...people are EXPECTING me at the gym. I'll be in trouble with my boss if I don't show.:laugh:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll go out for a walk. Geez, it's like I've got a hundred or so drill sargeant/personal trainers. LOL
    We are all glad we could be of some assistance.

Myself, when I've felt like that. I just start to do my warm up and then everything follows and I feel great afterwards.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options

:) We're here to help!