some advice please

Options
Hi all

wondering if someone could give me some advice - When I first started with MFP, I set my activity level to lightly active - I have a job which involves sitting at a desl, but I am also on my feet a lot and moving between office to office. When I wore my pedometer, I was clocking about 8500 steps per day.

In the first 2 weeks I lost 10 lb (5 before starting with MFP) but have lost nothing since - have I set my activity level too high??

Any help gratefully accepted xxxxx

Replies

• hollyboyd
    hollyboyd Posts: 2
    Options
    There is gonig to be times where you will have to change up what you eat and what you are doing as exercise your body can get use to it and you will require more movement in order to lose.. Also, you might what tocheck what you are eating.. If things are high in sodium which can caus eyou to retain extra fluid.. remember getting your water in helps with weight loss..
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    It's hard to say. You may want to try setting your level to "sedentary" and then manually adding everything above that.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I read once that to consider yourself active you must do aprox. 10,00 steps a day, if that's helpful at all!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    When something isn't working it's time to change things up, right? You should probably set it to sedentary for a week or two and see how things go for you. If that doesn't help, it's time to try something else. Are you doing any other exercises? 8500 steps a day isn't bad, but during a recent fitness challenge at my work they had us aiming for 10,000. Try adding in a walk in the evenings or on your breaks at work and see if that doesn't help, too. You'll want to log that extra exercise, of course.
  • callymac66
    callymac66 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks, I'll reset to sedentary and go from there