George Foreman Grill

Options
Anyone have or ever used a George Foreman Grill have any reviews? I'm about to buy it but I just wanna know if it's worth the money.

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    It's great to cook meat and sliced vegetables etc on with no added fats. Easy to clean. I have a small one that only fits about 2 burger patties. It's great.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I love ours! I'm a minimalist when it comes to lots of things, and especially to small appliances. But I wouldn't be w/o a George Foreman.
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I had one that had interchangeable plates that was great as a grill and for making waffles. Unfortunately, it was damaged in a move.
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have a small George Foreman Grill. I used it a lot when I was an apartment dweller for grilling meat. It was also great for grilled cheese as a kind of panini press. Now that I'm a homeowner with a yard and a propane grill, I find that I don't use the George Foreman much anymore. I wish it was easier to clean. The version I had, the plates were not removable, so I would just hold the thing over the sink and hose it off while trying not to get too much water inside it. I would leave it on the counter to air dry over night. I've heard the newer versions have removable plates to make cleaning easier, but I don't k now that for sure.
  • 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have a GF with the adjustable temperature, it is the love of my life and I can't imagine what I'd do without it. I greatly enjoy my meats and vegetables grilled and this has been an amazing asset for both items. I would highly suggest getting the one with the removable plates, the non removable plate GF is just kind of a pain in the butt to clean when you are making messy foods like steak for burgers. It is truly been a life saver in my home!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Ebuka95 wrote: »
    Anyone have or ever used a George Foreman Grill have any reviews? I'm about to buy it but I just wanna know if it's worth the money.

I have one. It works well. I don't use it very often though as it is smaller and I'm usually cooking for my whole family. I use my outdoor grill or my large cast iron griddle on the stove top more often.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I love mine, I have an obsession with watching the fat drip off my food, knowing that will not enter my body lol

I do bacon, burgers, sausages, chicken, chicken shish kebabs, peppers, onions, mushrooms etc after use, I spray mine with water and put in wet kitchen tissue, a thin layer, after dinner, it is dead easy to wipe it down and clean it. I am on my 3rd George Foreman.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I had one years ago but it was too small and too difficult to clean.

Given the reviews here I might pick a big one up in the January sales.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Love mine. Use it all the time. Buy one with detachable plates!!!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I have two. I have a large one that I use all winter long in my house and a smaller one that I use in our pop up camper for rainy day cooking. I agree with others...detachable plates are the way to go! They work fantastic. The large one is great for prep cooking. I grill up chicken breasts, let them cool then dice the chicken, measure out portions into freezer bags and freeze them for future meals. We use it for grilling fish too but you need to spray the plates with pam or fish will stick.