A question for the ladies who are larger on top (I hope this

Options
I am so sick of wearing 2 bras every day when I work out [I wear a wireless supportive bra with a tight cotton sports bra over it]. I need to find a sports bra that is supportive enough for running/jumping with minimal movement. Sometimes I wish I could just take my boobs off to exercise and put them back on after, lol it gets annoying. Suggestions?!

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    lululemon athletica: TA TA TAMER.

get it. :)
  • chmie662
    chmie662 Posts: 31
    Options
    Have you tried Victorias Secret? They have their semi-annual sale going on now...
  • Flwrsme
    Flwrsme Posts: 39
    Options
    I want to know too... lol I wear my regular bra and then a cami with a built in bra, under my shirt. Not so bad, but twice as much laundry.
  • lulusmom
    lulusmom Posts: 71
    Options
    I can never go wrong with a sports bra under a sports bra tank.
  • bemoore81
    bemoore81 Posts: 18
    Options
    want to know also, same here bra with sports bra over it
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    I like the zip up front ones....they are tighter and my dogs dont go roaming all over the neighborhood. lol
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Champion Style 1612 360 Max Support Sports Bra

Love it! Very supportive!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I bought a sports bra at target that specified it was for high intensity, I think it is Champion? Anyway, I bought it one number size smaller than my regular bra and it worked like a charm. Then again, I have gone from a 42DD to a 38D over the past few months so that has helped a lot too!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wish I could just take my boobs off to exercise and put them back on after, lol it gets annoying. Suggestions?!

I want THAT option! :drinker:

I currently use the Two Plus One option: Two bras + one arm. (One underwire and one sports compression)
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I have always had good luck with Nike sports bras just make sure they are the ones that say they are for High Impact sports!
  • EmilyQC
    EmilyQC Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    check out the Danskin Now line at walmart..... they are a little more in price but work well. I have the surplise foam sport bra... I was a 38 DD and now down to a 36 D.
  • crazywheaten
    Options
    Hands down: ENELL (http://www.enell.com/testimonials.php) Recommended by Oprah and everything. :laugh:
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    is this for exercise? Shockabsorber bras.

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/default.aspx

I have the D+MAX Support Sports Bra (found at The Bay) and my girls.. they do NOT move during running, pylo jumps, horsebackriding etc

For regular bras, I have several pairs of Addition Elles "classic" style and they are super comfy, supportive and look great
  • buryherdead
    Options
    this made me LOL!
    I like the zip up front ones....they are tighter and my dogs dont go roaming all over the neighborhood. lol
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, girl! I JUST took this bra for a test run this morning while doing the 30 Day Shred (lots of jumping jacks, etc):
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OWF8VK
    Warning: this bra is not the comfiest thing in the world, and it is frickin HARD to put on (look at the picture on Amazon of the back and you'll understand why) but it did the trick! The girls were strapped in there nice and tight and did not move around as much as they do when I wear a regular bra with a sports bra over it. I am a 38DD but I bought a 38D- I wanted it to be tight. It fits, but it is very tight and the girls pucker at the top just a tiny bit. I know that when I lose more weight it'll fit just perfect. It's a good bra and keeps the girls in place but I'll warn you again that it's a ***** to put on!
    I hope you can find something good!
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    I second the ta-ta tamer from lu-lu lemon no uni-boob I only need one bra I don't even feel like I am wearing a sports bra and I do not get that feeling that I am going to give myself a black
  • NWfluffy
    NWfluffy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with the Playtex 18 hour minimizer bras. Not sexy, but no wires, and since they flatten you a bit, no bouncing. And not too expensive. I get them at Wal-mart.
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You have to spend a little more, but it is totally worth it for the right support. Try Title Nine http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies/
    They have a barbell rating system (one barbell would be like Victoria's Secret stuff...5 barbells is like you're bound in industrial steel:) that's helpful in figuring out the level of support you need.

This is also a good reference article w several brands compared:
    http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseapparel/tp/sports_bras.htm
  • buryherdead
    Options
    Thanks ladies for all of your awesome suggestions. I'm going to get a new one VERY soon. Enough is enough! lol.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I usually just wear 2 sports bras. One of the cami looking ones and then a more athletic one over that. Or some of my gym tops have the bra built in so I just wear the cami one under that.