Back again....but with questions....

Options
Hey I'm Micah. I use this app occasionally, primarily to track what I eat. Any tips, however, in keeping with your food diary on a daily basis? I travel a lot, so tend to miss entries.....then I forget what I ate (and drank...) the previous day. How accurate are the food diaries? Thanks!

Replies

• JBee136
    JBee136 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The "old fashioned" way works best for me! I buy a notebook and a pen and keep it with me, I make notes all day and trac or week, then when I get a chance I sit down and enter it into MFP. And for the accuracy, I wish I could answer but I have the same question myself. But even so, keepinf track of your food, even if it's only every now and then, you nay be able to recognize eating patterns, such as a lack of certain macro or micro nutrients that you did not realize until you wrote it down. Tracking on paper has helped me,personally, over come many health issues just because seeing what I was eating was more honest than what I led myseld to believe in my head, and I could notice patterns that way.
  • mrwellsbc
    mrwellsbc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks....I do find that just by consciously tracking what I eat, I tend to eat better.....so if nothing else, I use it for that. Accuracy in the calories, like you said, probably isn't that important, as what is most important is that it helps you recognize eating patterns. So far I like the results!
  • cvdattoli
    cvdattoli Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck! That's my weakest is tracking everything I eat. I still tend to eat good though b
  • mrwellsbc
    mrwellsbc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd say on average I eat pretty well.....its just the craft beer in the northwest is so good ;)
  • smslogan317
    smslogan317 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Micah, I cook for 5 days out, 6 meals per day and have each days meals planned beforehand. I do not travel a lot, but when I do I TRY do get to a grocery store, get my goodies, and cook in my room, I carry a small 8 inch fry pan and a small electric burner in my luggage, just in case in case the place I stay does not have a kitchenette. I use the bathroom fan as my exhaust fan.
  • cvdattoli
    cvdattoli Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @mrwellsbc I can't blame you. I'm sure you deserve a beer every now and then.
  • ljcreekmore
    ljcreekmore Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    JBee136 wrote: »
    The "old fashioned" way works best for me! I buy a notebook and a pen and keep it with me, I make notes all day and trac or week, then when I get a chance I sit down and enter it into MFP. And for the accuracy, I wish I could answer but I have the same question myself. But even so, keepinf track of your food, even if it's only every now and then, you nay be able to recognize eating patterns, such as a lack of certain macro or micro nutrients that you did not realize until you wrote it down. Tracking on paper has helped me,personally, over come many health issues just because seeing what I was eating was more honest than what I led myseld to believe in my head, and I could notice patterns that way.

I also keep a note book handy. if i am creating a recipe, i will jot down what i am using and record it later, or at work i keep a notebook handy because the website is not working right and does not show serving sizes when i try to add new foods, so i have to wait until i get home.
  • fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If you are an app user I assume you log from your phone - how about it if you take pictures of your meals when you are busy and then you could go back and log it later??