Weightloss changing your mind about getting pregnant?

Options
124»

Replies

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    If I had the chance, I'd jump at having a baby. Regardless of weight. I'd try to maintain an active lifestyle and healthy diet, and deal with the body changes.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    kkaiser431 wrote: »
    I've been begging my husband for a 3rd baby for almost a year now. (My youngest is 1 haha) He finally agreed to it if I lose at least 40 lbs because my last pregnancy was miserable.
    He actually said that?

• hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am just now actively TTC our third child. I want to lose as much weight as I can before I get pregnant just so I can actually LOOK pregnant and enjoy the way I look while pregnant, but I'm not terribly worried about it. Just figured I've never been thin and pregnant! Being overweight and pregnant was never really an issue for me before, I've had two perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies.

An OP, yeah, your husband is being awful to you. You have had to beg him to let you have another baby and he finally agrees but only on terms of you losing weight? That's some manipulative bull right there. YOU choosing, with the help of your doctor, to lose weight to ensure a healthy pregnancy is a great idea. Your husband setting an arbitrary goal of a certain number of pounds before he is comfortable, not cool. Even if he is concerned for your health, 40 pounds is just pulling a number out of thin air. There isn't some magic number that will ensure that you don't suffer from PSD again. I am great friends with a couple of teeny tiny beautiful women who suffered from PSD with their pregnancies.

• unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Although I am currently the lightest adult weight I have ever been and have worked incredibly hard to get here, I have always wanted children. As a child I always assumed I would have my own family, it was never a question of 'if' but 'when'. So no, losing weight hasn't made me want children less. If anything I am in the best health I've ever been to fall pregnant and nurse my child.
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I actually may be pregnant right now (should know in about a week.) We were only sort-of trying (for our third) and I couldn't decide whether I want another baby or not. I think if I did not have the weight problem I would feel a lot more comfortable trying for a baby. As it is, I am freaking out because I know I cannot afford to gain 50 pounds like I did with my last two pregnancies.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both want a third baby. But for me it's not the weight gain and loss, it's the toll it takes on fitness in general and pelvic and core function in particular. After my second it took about a year to rehab to the point where things didn't hurt every single day. So we don't know...you can't always have whatever you want (so I tell my two kids daily). On the fence over here.