Taco Chicken ~ on the grill or in the oven

Options
Ive been making this recipe for about a year now. Its soooo easy and its only 375 calories. You can substitute the regular pepperjack cheese for low-fat to save some calories.

This recipe serves 2.

Ingredients:
2-6 oz chicken breast
1-package of taco seasoning
4-tbsp of salsa
2-slices of pepperjack cheese
cooking spray
foil

Heat grill or oven to 350

1. Cover the chicken breast with taco seasoning by putting the seasoning in a bowl and dipping it
2. place on sprayed foil sheet. (be sure to spray foil very well)
3. put 2 tbsp of salsa on top of chicken (you can use more or less.. its a personal preference)
4. close foil around chicken like a pocket
5. Cook on grill for 30 minutes or oven 30-40 minutes (depends on your oven)
6. When finished remove and open foil pocket. Please cheese on top and let stand for about 3 minutes

Very moist, very tender with a little spicy kick. Its a favorite at my house.

Serve with fat free beans and with homemade spanish rice.. THE BOMB!!!!

Enjoy

Replies

• NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. How do you make your homemade Spanish rice? I love the microwave stuff from Ortega but it is loaded with salt and Im trying to watch my sodium.
  • shawn_chas102304
    Options
    I make a similar chicken in the crock pot.. chicken breasts, rotel and a taco or fajita seasoning... then top with shredded cheese before you serve it. Yummy!
  • McDougal416
    McDougal416 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I LOVE spanish rice! Please share that recipe also! Can't wait to try this out!! Thanks for the idea!!!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    yum
  • jholland143
    jholland143 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    will definately try this one!
  • sunshinesher01
    sunshinesher01 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds yummy!!
  • congresta77
    congresta77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome!!! Thanks ;-P I would love the Spanish rice recipe too if you are inclined to posting it
  • mcalabrese79
    Options
    Sounds good. How do you make your homemade Spanish rice? I love the microwave stuff from Ortega but it is loaded with salt and Im trying to watch my sodium.

yea... it has soooo much sodium in it... i use about 1.5 tbsp of oil, a cup of rice... brown the rice in the oil... mix 2 cups of water with about 1.5 tbs of the boullion.. once the rice is nice and brown, just pour the water mixture in it... i also add some chopped yellow onion in mine.
  • mcalabrese79
    Options
    let me know what you think, if you guys make it.. its so delicious!!! oh... my brother slices his up and puts the beans, rice and the chicken on a tortilla.. HE LOVES IT!
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You can also buy the lower sodium seasoning now!!!
  • mcalabrese79
    Options

awesome!!! i just now started watching my sodium. i dont salt my food AT ALL so i was shocked when i got here on MFP and saw how my sodium goes over every day just with the hidden salts in everday stuff. Im definitely going to look for the low sodium boullion. i just found the low sodium taco seasoning. :-)
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • NA_Willie
    Options
    yea... it has soooo much sodium in it... i use about 1.5 tbsp of oil, a cup of rice... brown the rice in the oil... mix 2 cups of water with about 1.5 tbs of the boullion.. once the rice is nice and brown, just pour the water mixture in it... i also add some chopped yellow onion in mine.
    How much rice; and do I start with dry white rice?
  • NA_Willie
    Options
    Its still like 500+ mg per serving.
  • chrisyb122
    chrisyb122 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mcalabrese79
    Options
    How much rice; and do I start with dry white rice?

I use 1 cup of rice.. now and then i use 1-1/4 cup
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    bump sounds yummy
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump
  • serabee5
    serabee5 Posts: 89
    Options