Pregnancy weight gain

Options
Emily_Phillips20
Emily_Phillips20 Posts: 16 Member
edited January 2016 in Chit-Chat
Just out of curiosity, how much did you gain whilst pregnant? I'm wanting to get back to logging and holding myself accountable once I've had my baby.

I've gained 14lbs so far and I'm 25 weeks.

Replies

• ChampagneLaughter495
    Options
    I gained 16 my entire pregnancy.. But you can't compare weight gain during pregnancy. Everybody's body is different.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    First pregnancy 45 lbs (a lot of that was in the last trimester and I retained a lot of water), this time I am 37 weeks and I've gained about 30lbs.. while I didn't look big with my first, this time around I am carrying smaller and look way more fit
  • Emily_Phillips20
    Options
    I wasn't comparing, just wondering. I didn't even have a bump until a few weeks ago, it just came out of nowhere Lol.
  • 00EmilyJo00
    00EmilyJo00 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Started out at 110 pounds, gained close to 40 and 4 months pp I'm down to my pre pregnancy weight.
  • ingehooper15
    ingehooper15 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    my first 2 pregnancies - 28lbs both times. I am 17 weeks now with baby #3 and am 8lbs under my start weight. I am a heavier mum though and not starving in anyway dont worry! Im aiming for under 20lb this time but im not worrying too much as its worth it for a healthy baby
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I put on about 15 lbs when my wife was pregnant. Another 5 when she was breastfeeding.
  • 00EmilyJo00
    00EmilyJo00 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I put on about 15 lbs when my wife was pregnant. Another 5 when she was breastfeeding.
    Hahaha!!
  • jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I also gained 16 when i had my daughter. lol swear i gained more after from sitting around and eating and not working lol
  • jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I also gained 16 when i had my daughter. lol swear i gained more after from sitting around and eating and not working lol
  • Emily_Phillips20
    Options
    I didn't gain anything until about 14 weeks and lost 8lbs in the first trimester as I was feeling sick constantly, so I'm 14lbs up after losing the 8lbs. 6lbs from my original weight though
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    At around 30 weeks I put on a ton of weight all at once. Up until then I hadn't gained much, but ended up putting on 70 lbs. Lost most of that right after, I think it was water weight because all I ate was salty stuff and it came off super easy.
  • Shesaleo18
    Shesaleo18 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My 1st pregnancy I gained 30kgs (didn't help that I craved cheeseburgers and qtr pounders the 1st 5 months.
    The 2nd pregnancy I think I managed 18kgs. Probably would've been more but they made me keep a food diary so I didn't gain too much
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    I honestly have no idea. I refused to look at the scale with both pregnancies. Stood on it backwards. Figured there was little I could do about it and didn't want to freak out about the number.
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    Oh god I gained like 50lbs. Most of it had gone by the time she was two weeks old though. Me and my friends measured me a week or so before she was due and I was almost as wide as I am tall! Haha it's weird how your body expands like that then just goes back to normal.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I gained 20 lbs and my son was 10.9 of it. I was all baby.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I gained 27 pounds each pregnancy. With my first pregnancy I ate very carefully, but avoided strenuous exercise (anything more than walking), due to a prior miscarriage. My second pregnancy, I had a variety of food aversions (funny thing is that the things I couldn't stomach while pregnant are my son's favorite foods) and was chasing around a toddler. My third pregnancy I ate my typical diet and was doing Zumba, Pilates, and other exercise up to 38 weeks. My boys were 7lbs2oz, 8lbs5oz, and 8lbs6oz. I started each pregnancy between 110-115 pounds. And lost all my pregnancy weight within a few months each time. I know breastfeeding doesn't help everyone lose the weight, and some people cling to those last few pounds until weaning, but I swore I'd nurse my kids until college if it meant I could eat ice cream every night.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    24 - 1st, 27 - 2nd, 27 - 3rd. Started out with same starting weight for all.