Hi Everyone! I'm Farrah and for the first time ever, I'm actually losing weight!

Options
Heylo, heylo.

I started my journey about a week ago and, surprise, I'm actually sticking to my guns here. I've been dieting since I can remember, even as a kid Mom told me I was too fat, but I never managed to stick with my calorie goals for more than a day. I'm enthusiastic right now!

Apart from (hopefully) losing weight, I love books, cats, good music and tea. I'm a traveller and writer, currently finishing up my European Sciences degree here in Germany. :)

I'd love to hear how everyone is staying motivated? I'm already dreading potential plateaus, I'm scared to fall back into my old ways.

Replies

• iimitz
    iimitz Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey Fara! It's awesome to hear you've finally found the motivation and/or the diet that works for you. I've tried several times to lose weight (fitness programs, sports, dieting) but always ended up falling off the wagon at some point. My final tipping point came when I broke 2 pairs of pants trying to get them on for work. I'm heavier than I've ever been and I'm not happy. I've kept those god damn pants hanging there as a sign that I will not only fit in them, they're going to be too big when I'm done.

Oh oh! I'm also lucky this time around because I have a coworker tracking/exercising with me as well. This adds motivation as well and we try to keep each other in check. For reference I've only been tracking calories for a week but was exercising with him near the beginning of december.
  • khamaesi
    khamaesi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Farrah!
    Good for you for sticking to this! Remember that it's a lifestyle choice, not a quick fix, but it's an amazing lifestyle choice to make! I've been on MFP for a couple months but have been exercising and eating right for over a year and a half now! I think the biggest (and most difficult for me) was the eating part, because I used to eat fast food for every single meal PLUS drink tons of soda. But even just from stopping with the soda I dropped 17 pounds right away.