50+ joining to get healthy again.

Options
rbharmon62
rbharmon62 Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Just joined MFP and a new challange. Looking for support from others like me. I am in my early 50s and loosing weight is harder than ever. I've always been told that I am fat and ugly, so that also plays a huge role in how I see myself. Started walking a while back and even completed a 5k. Then injured my knee and was out of commission for a while. Would love to connect with you!

Replies

• lildoggielover
    lildoggielover Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'd love to be friends and help encourage each other. I've been on and off MFP but trying to get back at it. I'm 52 and have 30ish lbs to lose. I walked a mile today with the Leslie Sansone cd and it felt great!
  • rbharmon62
    Options
    rbharmon62 wrote: »
    Just joined MAP and a new challange. Looking for support from others like me. I am in my early 50s and loosing weight is harder than ever. I've always been told that I am fat and ugly, so that also plays a huge role in how I see myself. Started walking a while back and even completed a 5k. Then injured my knee and was out of commission for a while. Would love to connect with you!

• rbharmon62
    Options
    I'm still trying to learn how to use MFP. Can you send me a friend request? I just turned 53 and have about 50ish lbs to loose.
  • allison4224
    allison4224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi - How mean those people are to refer to you in derogatory terms. I was 49 a few months ago. I have an elliptical at my house, and a very supportive husband - who is also getting fit along with me. I have about 50 pounds I want to lose. I'm a Leslie Sansone fan, too! Just did her mile off her youtube channel.
  • queeny1
    queeny1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am approaching 50 and YES the weight does not drop off like it used to. I was on MFP a couple of years ago and met my goal - it is a tremendous help and easy to use anywhere you are for logging food/exercise. I had surgery done back in October and have managed to gain weight from both that and the holidays that needs to go. Let's be friends and encourage each other to the finish line... we can do this!
  • ricefan55
    ricefan55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I hope you will allow a 60 year old in your group. I have lost 24 pounds since May and I need to lose another 45. I love fitness classes and because I am retired I can go to two a day (step, power yoga, spin, weights) Anyone who calls someone else names has a big problem. Believe in yourself ignore the haters.
  • rbharmon62
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! I still have not figured out how to send friend request so if you all could send a friend request to me I will accept it. And, I will accept encouragement from any age group. Haha
  • Winston817
    Winston817 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add looking for motivated friends who interact and exercise in 2016
  • tracycmrn129
    tracycmrn129 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me