2»

Replies

• elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Alcohol does have calories
    What I do is use my extra exercise calories for my drinking
    I figured if I'm going to drink I have to earn it
    I also switced from Kessler's whiskey to a Mount Royal Light which helped out alot

I usually do the same thing :drinker: If I want to drink I have to earn it and burn off the calories first.
    I heard that Alcohol will effect your metabolisim which in turn will hault your weight loss progress.
    Does any one know anything about that?

:drinker:

I personally haven't had that problem, but a lot of people say that! I drank a lot last week and one day it was a 'binge' day (and I went way over my calories) and I went out to the bar and had 12 beers and a couple of shots (jager bombs) and still lost 3.5 lbs. I think it really depends on the person, and I went running right before I went out so maybe that helps, not sure...
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i drank TWO beers on friday, and I gained 3 pounds =[... i can take shots & it not effect me, but beer is an instant weight gainer unless it's like super light beer.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    What about the low cal beers? MGD 64 and Bud Select 55. The only reason they have that calorie amount is because they drop the alcohol levels. They are very light but not to bad in taste.

Hmm well Im gonna have to try some of these light beers... I hope they measure up lol

they don't. GROSS!!!! i like most beers, not these though. coors lite is not bad in calories (95) and tastes way better than the mgd64. i also love shlitz! yummmmmmm

i could be wrong but coors lite i think is 100 or 105 calories, and remember if you get a draft at the bar its 16oz, not 12, so a draft coors light is like 130ish calories.
  • LavishLife_CEO
    Options
    i drank TWO beers on friday, and I gained 3 pounds =[... i can take shots & it not effect me, but beer is an instant weight gainer unless it's like super light beer.

Alot of times if i step on the scale in the morning (Usually with a hangover lol) I would have lost weight...
    and I wondered why.. and then I realize its not actual weight.. Its water weight.. The alcohol
    Dehydrates my body making me piss out all my water and Im like a deflated water balloon lol
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options

Alot of times if i step on the scale in the morning (Usually with a hangover lol) I would have lost weight...
    and I wondered why.. and then I realize its not actual weight.. Its water weight.. The alcohol
    Dehydrates my body making me piss out all my water and Im like a deflated water balloon lol

Usually the loss of weight the next day is from dehydration :/
  • grocha2010
    grocha2010 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I go out I bring my favorite Crystal Light packets and order vodka and water. Then I just add about 1/2 packet or to your liking. Also, you said you lije Blue Moon......Bud Light Wheat is awesome with an orange and you'll hardly be able to tell the difference!
  • annacataldo
    Options

Oh yes, forgot to mention; dont weigh yourself the next day, and drink tons of water day of drinking and day after. I use to (way before mfp) use gatorade as my mixer because i would never once get a hangover if i did that; idk what calories look like in gatorade, or the sugar/sodium level, but it might be worth looking into.

As i already mentioned, your suppose to drink half of your body wight in ounces of water a day everyday anyway, but when your drinking, you want to be sure to do this especially, and then a good rule i gave myself is one extra cup of water for every alcoholic beverage (in additional to my normal water)--at the time of st. pattys day i was talking about i was suppose to drink 20cups a day, and had 10alcohol drinks, so by the end of the day I had 30 cups of water.

You can also eat light during the day; and put in a work out that day, to gain extra calories for drinking.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Well i'm sticking with my beer, can't have my body in total shock now...exercising loads, cutting calories, cutting down on chocolate, eating healthier than ever...to give up beer too???! Nah.
  • HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What about the low cal beers? MGD 64 and Bud Select 55. The only reason they have that calorie amount is because they drop the alcohol levels. They are very light but not to bad in taste.

Hmm well Im gonna have to try some of these light beers... I hope they measure up lol

they don't. GROSS!!!! i like most beers, not these though. coors lite is not bad in calories (95) and tastes way better than the mgd64. i also love shlitz! yummmmmmm

Give them a try first, doesn't hurt to try them once and decide if you like or don't like.... I like the 64's but not th 55's, it's a matter of taste... everyone is different.:drinker:
  • annacataldo
    Options
    When I go out I bring my favorite Crystal Light packets and order vodka and water. Then I just add about 1/2 packet or to your liking. Also, you said you lije Blue Moon......Bud Light Wheat is awesome with an orange and you'll hardly be able to tell the difference!

crystal light has caffeine, as well as sodium, as well as chemicals of fake sugar--caffeine helps dehydrate your system, so does sodium and helps to bloat you, and the fake sugar chemicals can eventually lead to cancer and such (but i still have them, so whatever)---but when your drinking, avoid caffeine, or sodium, because both will dehydrate you.

Blue Moon is 170calories for one beer (12oz). A light beer would be much better calorie wise, but if its your favorite, you could easily work in an extra 170 calories for just 1 of your favorite ;-)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Youll be good....Sheeee I flex a bottle of wine a night. But I WORKOUT ALITTLE HARDER and eat a little less to compensate.