Tracking water intake?

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this, but wondering if I can somehow track my water intake...reminders to drink and such....

Replies

• cookiemachin
    cookiemachin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, You can add it by the cup which is around 250ml per cup. I do mine by the app it gives you the option to add water when you click the little blue plus button from the home feed page.
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Also, if you need a reminder, set an alarm on your phone(fitbit?) to say "Drink a cup or bottle or however much" you need.
  • cookiemachin
    cookiemachin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    oh I like the alarm idea!. At the moment I have a 500ml bottle and log 2 cups everytime I refill it
  • schughes48
    schughes48 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Water is the hardest for me, sometimes have to force it down me. However, I am up to about 64oz a day.
  • Bud_
    Bud_ Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    As I'm at home most days I simply fill a jug with my daily amount and gradually work my way through it during the day - if it's empty at the end of the day I know I've had my 'quota' :)
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I use an app called Strides. You can program reminders and it tracks "streaks" to keep you motivated. It works with anything, not just water. It takes 2 taps to log.
  • aubcami916
    aubcami916 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bud_ wrote: »
    As I'm at home most days I simply fill a jug with my daily amount and gradually work my way through it during the day - if it's empty at the end of the day I know I've had my 'quota' :)

Same here!!
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I keep a 32oz bottle with me at all times. I find I drink A LOT in the car. Also, I try to drink 16oz of water as soon as I get out of bed. It's not uncommon for me to log over a gallon a day.
  • Odilerubia
    Odilerubia Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello! -I'm new too!-

The watertracker on the MFP page is not doing it for me. I just want to have water in sight in order to make sure I drink enough.
    I make sure I fill twice my jug which contains 1 liter-33,8 fl.oz- and since I sometimes don't like to drink water I add cucumber, fresh mint and lemons and limes. It's delicious and doesn't add any calories.
    This morning I mixed my water with one glass of fresh squeezed OJ which made it much easier to drink and my glass of fresh OJ lasted way longer!
    Also I'm drinking gallons of hot tea, since it's very cold and windy in the Netherlands, it keeps me nice and warm!
    I love Dilmah tea in all varieties (try the rose&vanilla) and this summer I picked up Coconut Oolong tea from 'The Spice and Tea Exchange'. It tastes like a hot Piña Colada, with zero cal! It's an American company so you should be able to order through mail-I visited their store in Florida-.

Hope to have given some ideas and please add me as your friends, since Im pretty desperate to get to know some nice people to keep me motivated as well!

md59p6he8ruh.jpg
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    for a 44 year old you sure are muscly.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I look at my pee. If it's in the color range for hydrated, I'm good. I don't worry about the numbers.
  • 4mylife11
    4mylife11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been just entering my water intake in oz in the food diary, I want to use the cup indicator at the bottom but just need to know if its calculating a cup as 8oz or 16oz
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    for a 44 year old you sure are muscly.

Hahah, at first, I thought this was a harsh comment. Now that I saw her picture, I love it.

Also, if you struggle with water due to it's lack of taste, the above poster suggested the flavoured water. Mio and the like are 'okay' additions in moderation. Or, as the same poster suggested, teas. I love them hot and iced :)