High Protein Breakfast smoothie

Options
hiram121
hiram121 Posts: 2 Member
I am looking for a recipient that will help increase my protein intake at breakfast but also as a meal replacement for breakfast? Any recipes?

Replies

• DebbieCoupal
    DebbieCoupal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use a protein powder in my smoothie - 1 c almond milk, 1 c baby spinach, 1 c mixed berries, 1 T Chia, 1 T flaxseed, 1 scoop Vega protein and greens powder. 25+ grams of protein.
  • c_tyler11
    c_tyler11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many carbs this has?
  • Funnylittlenut
    Funnylittlenut Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like to put a raw egg in my smoothies :)
  • NHBella79
    NHBella79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like using Isopure Zero Carb protein shakes. It gives me 50g of protein. Sometimes I add one scoop of the powder to my morning coffee for a quick 25g protein boost.
  • lsutiger2112
    lsutiger2112 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use Dymatize Elite Whey Protein, 1 scoop, 130 cal, 25 protein. I'm not positive that is what the bottle says (as far as name), but I use the scan to put it in and that's what came up. Great in helping my body process sugar too. Protein is so important in helping reduce the amount of muscle (instead of fat) lost while dieting. I usually have one for breakfast every morning. Sometimes I have added berries of different sorts. I like the Chocolate Mint for the plain shake, and the strawberry and Vanilla are both great to add fruit to.
  • Talanch
    Talanch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Natural low fat Fromage frais (or quark) has around 8-10 grams of protein per 100gr / 50 kcal. Kind of tastes like really thick, less sour yoghurt. Doesn't really need anything, except maybe some fruit to sweeten it when you're not used to the taste yet. Great in smoothies too.
  • lovablebugs
    lovablebugs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife protien meal replacement protein shakes. Really healthy, and low on carbs and sugar. Invented by a doctor. Heathy meal powder 2/scoops and protein powder 2/scoops for the best shake invented by a doctor I have ever had. Ive lost weight, gained muscle, gained energy, incredibly healthy and feel great. Check herbilife out online. I'm not kidding. It is the best!!
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like PEScience whey powder. Everyone else seems to love their Snickerdoodle flavor, but Blondie is my favorite.

Mix a scoop well (a bullet or Ninja is great for this) with a cup of fat free skim milk, and there you have it. Throw in extra goodies (chia seeds, fruit, etc) if you are feeling fancy.

Protein pancakes are easy - 1 scoop powder with two eggwhites, mix & fry in cakes with a little cooking spray. My daughter likes fat free syrup on them but I can eat them plain. And if you have chocolate powder, and mash up half a nanner in it, heaven.

Right now I'm having protein pudding - half a cup of fat free cottage cheese, half scoop of Blondie in the food processor. I'm pretty sure I could freeze this and make an ice cream treat.

These are things that I incorporate into my diet when I'm in a rush or I'm really trying to get that protein in, but I try not to replace meals with them too much.