Any whiskey lovers out there?

Options
Okay so I'm trying to lose a few inches around the belly, but I have to confess I'm a whiskey drinker.....I have about 2 drinks after work everyday....I do boxing and kickboxing 3-4 days a week. The food calorie count says it's something like 1300 - 1500 calories! Is that right???????? Any suggestions?

Replies

• glamroxjax
    glamroxjax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Jeez, I hope not!!!! I am a bourbon drinker and have 3-4 a week and I'm new to the site! Holy crap!
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I don't think whiskey is that much calories, check a few sites and see!
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Jack Daniel's 1 ounce 69 calories
  • Volleyballtigger
    Volleyballtigger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Whiskey definitely is not that many calories. It should be around 70 per ounce, along the same lines as rum.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if you drink a bottle? Should be about 150 or so (per shot). I'd re-check.
  • kateistoned
    kateistoned Posts: 116
    Options
    Crown Royal Special Reserve only has 64 calories per 1 ounce of alcohol.

See: Getdrunknotfat.com
  • determined3138
    Options
    Are you mixing it with heavy cream? LOL

Calories in Distilled Beverages (1.5 oz serving)
    Brandy / 80 Proof Gin, Vodka, Whiskey etc.: 98 calories
    86 Proof Gin, Vodka, Whiskey etc.: 105 calories
    90 Proof Gin, Vodka, Whiskey etc.: 111 calories
    94 Proof Gin, Vodka, Whiskey etc.: 116 calories
    100 Proof Gin, Vodka, Whiskey etc.: 125 calories
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/whiskey-calories-in-whiskey.html

doesn't look too bad... it's the chaser that gets you. :drinker:
  • crazyjuscuz
    Options
    Alright thanks guys :)
  • MizzCNyle
    MizzCNyle Posts: 40
    Options
    It depends on how large your glass is and if you like a little coke with it. An 8oz glass of coke is about 100 calories and there are 560 calories in a 8oz glass of whiskey. So if you have a 8oz glass of both (half/half - 4oz coke / 4oz whiskey) it will have 330 calories.

A red plastic cup full (16oz - half/half - 8oz coke / 8oz whiskey) would be 660 calories.

If you do drink coke with it try a diet coke, the calories will be about 280 for a 8oz (half/half - 4oz coke / 4oz whiskey).

Hope this helps!

Source: http://www.fitday.com/webfit/FoodFacts_Outside.html and http://productnutrition.thecoca-colacompany.com/products/coca-cola?packagingId=10164
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Only if you're having whiskey floats!
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    An ounce...is not that much. I tried carefully measuring out 3 ounces of my favorite Irish whiskey...um, yeah. If you are a whiskey lover, you're kidding yourself if you think that's all you're drinking! If you are having "two drinks" its probably not 1300 calories, but its probably pretty easily 600, unfortunately. And that's straight or with ice. That's the equivalent of a pretty good meal.

If you are trying to lose weight, you are going to have to cut out the every night drinks. You just are. Weight loss is un-natural, and so, you are going to have to do some un-natural things...like cut back on some things you really like. Make it a Friday, Saturday thing. When you've lost the weight, you can probably phase it back it in for maintenance.

Few people lose weight having cupcakes everyday, and few people lose weight drinking alcohol everyday. Don't grumble or try to get around it. Just do it.