The best snack. For under 100 calories

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    I'm old school. My favorite snack is always an apple. It might be more than 100 calories if I eat a really big apple.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    ekahnicole wrote: »
    Greek yogurt, there are so many tasty varieties in the 80-100 calorie range
    Yes. Love Greek yogurt. Watching sugar.
  • tracefan
    Chop up some cucumber and tomato, flavor with a little balsamic vinegar and salt, and one ounce of reduced fat feta (only 50 cal an ounce!)

Of course. But sweet. I'll do the pb and chips
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    If I want something filling, I'll have a hard boiled egg.
    If I want something to last a bit longer, some popcorn.
    If I want something sweet, either greek yogurt or chocolate cheerios.
  • alyurete
    alyurete Posts: 20 Member
    Frozen blueberries. 70 calories a cup.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    A hard boiled egg.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Hummus - 35-50 calories per 2TLBS and a serving of baby carrots. Filling and delicious.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Solero-exotic.jpg

You have just made my day - I had no idea these were under 100 calories! :smile:
  • tiajones102
    tiajones102 Posts: 12 Member
    Fiber One Lemon Bars do the trick for me. Only 90 cal.
  • ryanbrowning115
    ryanbrowning115 Posts: 69 Member
    Egg whites with hot sauce.
  • rs050711
    rs050711 Posts: 16 Member
    Beef jerky! Or Laughing Cow cheese wedge with half serving of crackers.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Apple
  • tracefan
    jacklifts wrote: »
    Cool! I never knew about powderd peanut butter! I'll have to try it

doesn't taste the same to me, but satisfactory in a pinch. nothing replaces the real stuff imo. but 2tbsp (i.e. one lick) for 10% of my calories? i don't think so. so PB2 it is!

Ha ha. It's not one lick 2 tbsps is2 pb balls It's actually filling I totally get it. Trust me. lol
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Solero-exotic.jpg

This :)

Never saw this. How much sugar???
  • jaimemeredith
    jaimemeredith Posts: 30 Member
    Smart Food Delights white cheddar - 1 cup is 35 calories so you can have a little under 3 cups. It's my go-to when I want to snack a lot without a lot of calories
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Solero-exotic.jpg

You have just made my day - I had no idea these were under 100 calories! :smile:

Lots of those kind of things are

Rowntrees fruit pastille lollies are 54
    Fabs are 90
    Mars bar ice creams 140, snickers ice cream 179
    Lidl Neapolitan ice cream sandwich 106

Multipack bags of crisps (chips) are low too ...Quavers are 84, walkers pop are 90, walkers normal crisps are 125

(That was off by heart)
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    To munch on: popcorn
    Something to ease hunger until next meal: jerky, greek yogurt
    Sweet: I found some really good fudge bars that are 100 or 120 cals
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    2 oz cottage cheese and a little fruit such as pineapple
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    tracefan wrote: »
    Pb2? Is that peanut butter ? Haha sorry dumb question

Yes it's powdered. You add water tastes same so good

It's partially defatted powdered peanut butter. Many people do not find that it tastes the same as peanut butter, especially just mixed with water. I like it in smoothies and sometimes added to oatmeal.

Under 100 calories, I might have a clementine or two if I want sweet; if I want savory, some sliced tomatoes if they're in season, maybe broiled with parmesan or part-skim mozzarella, or a small amount of cheddar.

After a couple of years at this, I can actually slowly eat a half ounce of unsalted nuts, usually almonds, and get some satisfaction; I do that frequently as an afternoon snack at work. A hard-boiled egg, a glass of skim or low-fat milk, or a not-too-large banana would all work if I'm just hungry--that is, not looking for some wonderful taste treat.

I can get quite a few slices of deli turkey for 100 calories. Heck, I could have a hard-boiled egg, a couple of thin slices of turkey, and a lot of salad greens chopped and tossed with some balsamic for about 100 calories. Or half an egg, a thin slice or two of avocado, the turkey, and greens chopped and tossed with balsamic. I think I'm having salad for dinner. Not a 100-calorie salad, though. :smiley:
  • jnunez1963
    jnunez1963 Posts: 35 Member
    When i want something sweet i love those little dole fruit red grapefruit no sugar added cups, 60ish calories. When I'm craving salty crunchy, i indulge with 14 grams plain popchips with 40 grams Rosarita refried beans with jalapeños as dip, a little under 100!
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    wasa crackers Light rye, you get two and they are as big as a graham cracker, with a wedge of laughing cow. Or a steamer bag of broccoli, hot sauce and celery. There are really lots of options.