Keeping weight off while injured from work

Options
I recentlly hurt myself at work and broke my distal fibula. I have been off two weeks so far. I am able to put weight on my foot now ,but still can't get around or exercise.
The job i work I burn around 4 to 5 thousand daily. Last two weeks I'm burning around 2300 a day. Ibhave gained about eight pounds
Any pointers to keep weight off

Replies

• FullLifeNeil
    FullLifeNeil Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Lock your nutrition in...what are you daily calories looking like? Don't cut too much but maybe scale them back a little. Unless you were already low on carbs switch some over to protein. Most of all get healed soon!
  • godsplague1369
    godsplague1369 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well my fitness pal says 1500 calories. That really isn't anything at all and I'm still hungry. Don't want to starve myself
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Definitely a calorie counting thing. You might have to be 'hungry' for a bit. Your body is getting used to a change. Try filling up on protein and (healthy) fats. If you're still hungry, opt for something with more substance. Unfortunately, if one thing changes in your life style, so should the other things.

Also, once you're able to get ROM, try a stationary bike, the sitting ones. Might help. But PLEASE be careful. Injuries are a dangerous thing to push.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Yep, eat plenty of protein. It should help you feel more full despite lowered calories. Do not drown your sorrows in high carb foods, if possible, as you may find they leave you hungrier than they did when you were more active.
  • godsplague1369
    godsplague1369 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting a option you think?
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    At this point, I would suggest against it because you're already hungry. Fasting will likely result in binging until you're more comfotable with a deficit. My 0.02$
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about trying to lose right now. Set mfp to maintain, eat your calories... yes they will be lower. Make sure to get in some good nutrients and enough protein. Your body doesnt need a deficit, it needs the food to help you heal. Just get back on track when you are able to be more active.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    If you're eating at or below maintenance, it's unlikely you gained 8 lbs of fat in 2 weeks. It's more likely that some of that weight is due to swelling and other water buildup because of your injury. Follow your doctor's orders and don't bear more weight on your leg until you're given their OK, no matter how frustrating it is to wait. In the meantime, look on youtube and other places online for seated exercises. There are plenty! I hope you feel better soon.