Apple cider vinegar (Bragg brand)

Options
I've been taking one shot (2 tbsp) a day with cinnamon...... My appetite has been suppressed and my bowel movements r pleasant.....the cinnamon really helps the awful taste.....What's ur experience with Apple cider vinegar???

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Verdicts still out........here's an article from WebMD

http://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/apple-cider-vinegar-and-health

My experience....I like it in salad dressing
  • FitFabJenny
    FitFabJenny Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-2 tbsp of Braggs ACV every morning diluted in 32 oz. of water with some lemon also. It tastes good to me and I definitely experience a difference in appetite and energy levels! I've also noticed that if I start to feel a cold or sore throat coming on, I'll take it twice a day for a couple days and the illness is basically thwarted. Could be the placebo effect but I'll keep taking it...
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Drink water with a tbsp of lemon juice instead.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I use ACV ( 2 tbsp) to cook my black beans (1/2 pound). Part of the recipe.
  • 1961dublin
    1961dublin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I found it took the enamel off my teeth in the liquid form, which really angered my dentist!! So sometimes I take the cider vinegar in capsule form. It tends to melt the fat a bit faster than usual, at least in the 1st week or 2 of consumption. The other advantage is it stops my aging finger joints from aching. Great stuff!!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I use it to clean my German Shepherd Dog's ears every once in awhile.

The only time I ingest any kind of vinegar is when I cook with it or use it in salad dressing.
  • Zan1951
    Zan1951 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The Braggs label says 1 or 2 teaspoons dissolved in water. Rinsing your mouth afterward might keep tooth enamel safe. I've found it to alleviate joint pain better than glucosamine and the like. All all that water cuts my appetite.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I use it mixed with hemp oil or flaxseed oil as salad dressing.
  • mindysoo
    mindysoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a shot in water with honey and lemon in the mornings. I also use it in my bone broth.
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    Options
    I drink it every day - I have noticed it helps with indigestion too :)
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I use it when I feel a cold coming on and it helps shorten the cold. I also use it on salads and to make dilly beans. I don't know if it works for weight loss or anything else, but it tastes nice when added to other things.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    It seems to help with a chronic cough/post nasal drip.
  • subaru2016
    subaru2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been taking ACV pills....haven't really noticed a difference. Has anyone heard of rinsing/gargling with olive oil? I suffer from severe dermatitis and heard this works for very dry skin, although I can't imagine putting oil in my mouth for a period of time?? Anyone done this with great results or know of another solution ?
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I burned 2 warts off my finger with it.

wpvn4gc6y2l8.jpg

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I love it in hot and sour soup. It does not aid in fat loss; that is what a calorie deficit is for.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I tried it. It tasted terrible and had zero noticeable effects on my health. Probably works just as good as my placebo pills I take :smile:
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I buy Bragg apple cider limeade (10 cals per bottle). I just love the taste, very refreshing and could care less about real or purported health effects.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I love it. But Caution! The acid can damage your teeth long term
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I personally use dihydrogen monoxide daily to help with weight loss. I take some before a meal to help fill me up, plus between meals to curb my appetite a bit, and especially after a workout to help recover faster. 0 calories to boot!!
  • gracepost123
    gracepost123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I use apple cider vinegar for my acne!! I used to had severe acne on my back and I got a little spray bottle with half water and half ACV, sprayed my back every day in the shower. And a couple weeks my skin was clear!!! (It's also when I started my diet, and I had started to drink much more water. So I think that helped too.)