Is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred worth my time?

Options
I recent purchased the Power 90 program and on week three I really messed up my back. I have recently been feeling better and did continue to walk in order to get exercise while my back was healing. A friend told me about Jillian Michael's 30 Day shed and I thought maybe I can start back on something not so tough, plus I am 20 pounds lighter since I have started this journey. Is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred worth my time?

Replies

• fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    It's definitely worth your time but it is also a challenging workout! You might want to do something less challenging until your back heals. Have you tried Leslie Sanson's Walk Away the Pounds? It's a little gentler but still a good workout. When you're up for it, the 30 Shred is a fantastic workout!
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred in May and I only made it to day 9 before I hurt my ankle pretty badly. It took about 3 weeks to heal enough so I could exercise again. The 30 Day Shred has a lot of high impact exercises like jumping jacks and jumping in place. I loved the workout and Jillian kicks your butt in about 20 minutes but you have to be careful not to do too much at first. The moves are all very modifiable though. Good luck! :)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^ Completely agreed with Fittocycle!! Try Leslie first (check ebay, they've always got some good sales and such!) and then 30DS once your back is healed :)
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of it and definitely feel it is worth anyone's time. It is a high impact workout that kicks your butt, built is so worth it! I've lost several inches already and I believe a lot of that is from this video!
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    P90x and jm workouts have alot of the same workouts. I would choose something less challenging.
  • MelonieB
    MelonieB Posts: 5
    Options
    Loved the 30 Day Shred very well worth my time
  • karen0201
    karen0201 Posts: 15
    Options
    Good question, I have ordered this and waiting on it arriving, really hope it helps! :)
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    It's definitely worth your time but it is also a challenging workout! You might want to do something less challenging until your back heals. Have you tried Leslie Sanson's Walk Away the Pounds? It's a little gentler but still a good workout. When you're up for it, the 30 Shred is a fantastic workout!

I forgot to mention that I am now doing the Walk Away the Pounds series now that my ankle is almost completely healed. It's a very good workout too!
  • AKAngi
    AKAngi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love it and it's definitely worth doing, but if you're looking for an intermediate, recovery-type workout, I wouldn't recommend 30DS, especially with a back injury. There are lots of high impact exercises and a lot of quick work with light weights. It's a challenging DVD even when NOT injured, so if you're recovering from an injury I'd go with something a lot less intense. Someone suggested a walking workout, I would agree that something like that would be less likely to lean toward possible re-injury.

Good luck!!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    30 DS is a fantastic workout. It starts out and stays high intensity the entire time. However, it has a lot of jumping jacks and jump rope in it. If you're recovering from a back injury I'd make sure you were really ready first. Also, it has a good amount of crunches & obliques for the abs. When you're healthy enough for 30DS, I'd say GO FOR IT! Just don't start back to soon and re-injure yourself.