Anyone have 10 or less to go?

Options
Looking for friends with similar goals. I am 37, 5'3 mom of 2 little ones. CW of 140, GW of 130.

What are you doing for food, exercise? I need some tips!

Replies

• BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    5'5" trying to lose 5-7 more pounds (trying to get body fat % down so I'm eyeballing how much padding I have to lose). Currently 147.0 lbs, goal weight is to eventually bulk into 160 lbs range (female body building). The closer you get to your goals be super careful about counting, the margin for error can't be as big. I weigh my food and use measuring cups and it's really helped. You can add me.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi...I'm 5"2 and now at my lowest weight since high school, 115lbs. I started lifting which really helped me change my body composition. I cycle through different macros, so that I change what how I eat weekly.
    I eat five times a day, so 5, 250-300 calorie meals.
    My go to foods are egg whites, low fat cottage cheese, low fat Greek yogurt, tuna, quinoa, whole wheat grains, rice cakes w/ peanut butter. I eat clean, nothing processed, except a quest bar here and there.
    I weigh and measure everything. I suggest getting a digital scale. It can be really eye opening once you weigh everything vs logging an apple or banana. The calorie difference can add up.
    Feel free to add me.
  • pchrysta
    pchrysta Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    dewsmom78 wrote: »
    Looking for friends with similar goals. I am 37, 5'3 mom of 2 little ones. CW of 140, GW of 130.

What are you doing for food, exercise? I need some tips!

Wow, we are super similar! I'm 37, 5'5 and my current weight is 141. My goal is to get below 135. Once I reach that, I'll decrease my deficit but still keep a small one to (hopefully) melt away more belly fat. My current deficit is 1200 a day but I go over that a couple of times a week. I started my weight loss back on Nov. 2nd 2015 at 158 lbs. I did one round of JM's 30 Day shred in those two months (November & December) and I walk two miles on the treadmill 2 days a week.

This weekend I created a playlist on YouTube of fitnessblender workouts and started that this weekend. I think I'm going to love them!

I too have two kiddos (4yr and 7yr old).

I'll send you a friend request!
  • eeyore004
    eeyore004 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi neighbor! Reasonably close- 5'6, 35, mother of a 2yo and a 4yo. CW 137, GW 128.
    Every day after I drop my daughter off at preschool, I pop my son into the wagon and pull him for a two-mile-walk (usually, this brings us to the supermarket, so I'm in a good position to check their fresh clearance most every day). Little guy is potty training so I can't keep him out too long, lest I have to change wet pants in cold weather. Occasionally I'll get a brief run in on the treadmill, but I hate running with a passion.
    I'm just trying to exercise every day and balance my day's food (I don't worry if every meal isn't perfectly balanced because I can adjust the next one; it balances at the end).
    Kind of plateau-ing here but hopefully will be over the hump soon.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I did Jillian's body revolution after my first child, and I got down to 134 and was in pretty good shape. Now with my second child turning 2 soon, I have really been slacking. I was 125 pre baby, but I'd be happy with 130. I just want to be healthy. Didn't help I over indulged this past holiday season, too many sweets and cocktails.

I have an elipticial, and I should just start Jillian again. I also seem to do better when I go low carb.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: I'm 31, 5'6" and currently weigh 138. I'm trying to lose the remainder of my saddlebags and lower abdomen. Plus tighten certain areas with muscle gain. I prep meals for the week and workout about 4 times a week as well.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Yep. 30 years old, 5'3.5" and 115 pounds. My final goal is 110 pounds and I only aim to lose .25 to .5 pounds per week. I eat anywhere from 1600 to 2300 calories depending on my activity level for the day. I weigh everything I eat, but I don't restrict anything from my diet. Most days of the week I'll eat vegetables, lean meats, sweet potatoes, greek yogurt, nuts, and fruit but just this Saturday I ate an entire medium BBQ chicken pizza and a donut without hindering my progress. I'm currently doing the ChaLEAN Extreme exercise program.
  • eskimohugger
    eskimohugger Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    5'5", 160 lbs looking to get down to 150! :) Busy schedule but Im prioritizing my health
  • aliceavery
    aliceavery Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'8" 144 lbs, trying to get down to 130! I've lost 8 pounds so far but I've done this dip before and gained it back. Trying to push through the plateau this time - first step is getting under 140.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    5'4.75" (sooo close to 5'5") CW 124.6, ultimate GW is 115. These last 10 will be slow going, my best advice is to just keep consistent and remind yourself to be patient. (At least, I find I have to remind myself of this a lot lately!) I love to eat a whole lot of veggies (seriously, lots) and I especially love to batch cook cozy things like stews or thick soups. My slowcooker has been getting as much of a workout as I have!

Congrats on your progress and being so close to the finish line!
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Talan79 wrote: »
    Hi...I'm 5"2 and now at my lowest weight since high school, 115lbs. I started lifting which really helped me change my body composition. I cycle through different macros, so that I change what how I eat weekly.
    I eat five times a day, so 5, 250-300 calorie meals.
    My go to foods are egg whites, low fat cottage cheese, low fat Greek yogurt, tuna, quinoa, whole wheat grains, rice cakes w/ peanut butter. I eat clean, nothing processed, except a quest bar here and there.
    I weigh and measure everything. I suggest getting a digital scale. It can be really eye opening once you weigh everything vs logging an apple or banana. The calorie difference can add up.
    Feel free to add me.

You and I are very similar! I am 5'1" and 119. I eat a ton of veggies, egg whites, ground turkey, chicken breast.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Me! I have been stuck since before Christmas even though my logging is accurate. I am at 150lbs and aiming for 140lbs. I am keeping cals between 14-1600 right now as I was losing on 16-1800 and am at a stall. I workout about an hour a day, insanity and weights, if I am feeling like it I add in yoga or a few short walks. Would just like to be done and get into maintenance. I have been losing on and off for 7 years. I maintain in between losses and have finally figured out that I don't need to starve to lose. Until now anyway. Hoping I don't have to drop any lower to get some scale movement.

I am turning 35 this year and have three kids ages 15-8yo. Add me if you want.
  • Blubberboss
    Blubberboss Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 125 lbs and 34 years old. I've lost 43 lbs and would love to lose 5-10 more, though I feel my resolve weakening. :#
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    We are very similar! I'm a 33 year old mom of 4. I'm 5'2.5" and 135 wanting to get to 128. I've lost 77 lbs at this point. I've been hovering around 135 for a few months now but trying to get more serious about taking the rest of the weight off. I don't want to lose too much more because I think I'd have trouble maintaining it.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    50 and trying to be fabulous! 132 now and would love to be 123-126. Been lifting heavy, veggies and protein with every meal and ending the day with a green apple. I've been at 124 and 126 but I was eating 1200 max but miserable. Got a trainer thru deal at gym and she told me I should be at 1400 calories. Too scared to try that. Still learning about the whole tdee, bmr, etc.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm 140.5 with a goal weight of 130. I'm 55, married, still working but no kids. I've just started lifting weights, following the Strong Lifts 5x5 program, and it's going well. I alternate lifting days with cardio days. Cardio might be a hike, spin class, treadmill workout, backcountry skiing...whatever fits into my schedule and lifestyle. I'm at 1200 calories a day and have been able to stick with it well so far (well, the past week!) I eat back most of my exercise calories (estimated conservatively).

My go-to foods are eggs (breakfast), Masada kosher pita bread (116 calories per pita), baby spinach salads, fresh vegetables of all kinds, squash, lots of chicken, fresh fruit once a day or two, beef jerky, Quest bars and a chocolate mug cake if I've done a lot of cardio and have extra calories.
  • 626Ashley
    626Ashley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    I am 5'2. My starting weight was 190 and I am currently 140 and have been since September 24, 2015. Looking to lose those last pounds this year. It has been so hard!!! Add me!
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Hi there-I'm 5'7" started at 195 (at the end of my fourth pregnancy in August 2015), down to 154 (as of this week! Yay!), goal weight of 145, after that I'd like to work more on fitness rather than strictly weight loss. I eat LCHF, not sure how many calories I eat (I don't keep track), but I get around 50-80g carbs per day. I eat lots of meat, eggs, and fibrous veggies, and plenty of butter and bacon :). Hoping to get to goal by mid to late spring, the I'd like to work on toning up. No gyms nearby with childcare, so I'm gonna have to get creative, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is totally irrelevant, but y'all might get a laugh out of it! Before I clicked on it, I literally read the thread title for like 30 seconds trying to make sense of it. For some reason all I could think of was the express checkout line at the grocery store..
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    I'm 140.5 with a goal weight of 130. I'm 55, married, still working but no kids. I've just started lifting weights, following the Strong Lifts 5x5 program, and it's going well. I alternate lifting days with cardio days. Cardio might be a hike, spin class, treadmill workout, backcountry skiing...whatever fits into my schedule and lifestyle. I'm at 1200 calories a day and have been able to stick with it well so far (well, the past week!) I eat back most of my exercise calories (estimated conservatively).

My go-to foods are eggs (breakfast), Masada kosher pita bread (116 calories per pita), baby spinach salads, fresh vegetables of all kinds, squash, lots of chicken, fresh fruit once a day or two, beef jerky, Quest bars and a chocolate mug cake if I've done a lot of cardio and have extra calories.

Sounds like a great plan!