Hello and Peace be with you!

Options
I am new to this website but not to diets. I am a 52 year old artist, grandmother and pastor's wife. Have a lifetime of diet experience and havent won the war yet, though I have won a lot of battles. My most successful weight loss was 14 years ago when I lost 75 lbs and kept it off for 3 years. I did it with very lowfat and 5 days week, 45 mins a day aerobics and weights. This is a new attempt using the MUFA/ high fiber and healthy approach plus as much exercise as my joints will allow.. I am asking the Lord for help this time. Blessings,

Replies

• Saucymama
    Options
    I am new to this website but not to diets. I am a 52 year old artist, grandmother and pastor's wife. Have a lifetime of diet experience and havent won the war yet, though I have won a lot of battles. My most successful weight loss was 14 years ago when I lost 75 lbs and kept it off for 3 years. I did it with very lowfat and 5 days week, 45 mins a day aerobics and weights. This is a new attempt using the MUFA/ high fiber and healthy approach plus as much exercise as my joints will allow.. I am asking the Lord for help this time. Blessings,
  • Trinaw
    Trinaw Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this site is pretty cool it has a lot of good tools to help us be successful!
    I'm pretty new to it too.
    Good Luck!
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was 56 when the Dr. told me that I needed to lose weight and exercise 5 days a week. He recommended the "sugar buster" or South Beach Diet. Did the South Beach because it made sense to me. (Lots of lean meats and veggies!!) I used the Leslie Sansone walk videos or walked around the neighborhood when weather would permit. You can do it.... I was a poster child for bad eating habits - no exerise and have changed completely..... not everyday.... still have days I don't do so well.... but try to because I want to be around for a looooooooooooong time for my grandson. Good luck to you.... and blessings to you in this journey to be healthy!!!!!