tossing my story into the void

Options
Decided I'd toy around w/ the community section a bit and maybe give back in at least a minor way...

Not totally new to MFP, apparently I got a ~105 day streak. I've used MFP as soon as I signed up, so I guess that means I've been using it for 105 days or so.

It's my second time dropping a load of weight, my first time being 6 years ago. I managed to sneak back up to around 220 and after a few years of self loathing and worrying about my health, I'm back losing weight. Down over 30 so far, and going to lose about 25 more.

I found MFP to be really useful as the calorie counting and x-day streak interacts with my OCD in such a way that I just instinctively do it and keep up with it. It's quite different to how I had first lost weight, but if it works, I won't argue the point too much.

You're probably not asking yourself: How will he keep the weight off this time? Well, last time I made the mistake of not recording my progress and not picking up an active hobby. This time around, I have a folder of insanely unsexy pictures of myself that I take weekly as well as taking weekly measurements. I also got some hobbies I intend (I know) to get into when I've lost a bit more. With all this, I should be able to avoid dying before I hit 65.

Thanks for your time and good luck with your own endeavors. Hopefully something I said resonates and helps you.

Replies