I Dont Like Zumba :(

Options
Hiya,

I have now attempted Zumba twice, trying learnt he moves and all. I don't like it, I didn't enjoy any of and it, i'm too unco for it so it just doesn't suit me. I'm pretty gutted about this, soo many people love it and are getting great results.... I feel like i am missing out. i have been thinking , am i the only one in this boat??? I hope not because i want to know what you do instead of Zumba, i might enjoy it! Ideas please!!!

Replies

• JustBill
    JustBill Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Start off with 30 Day Shred. Then move on to Insanity or P90x.
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba, but not every exercise is for everyone. I know people who have tried it and didn't like it either. Not to worry. Just keep trying new things and you will find the things you enjoy!
  • Fergieberg
    Fergieberg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've tried it a couple of times too, only on the XBOX but I'm not to fond of it either.
  • court428
    court428 Posts: 34
    Options
    lol, I tried it once and realized it was not for me either! I'm not too big on dancing and I just cannot get into it.
  • LesmillsJunkie
    Options
    Not alone at all! I have never liked Zumba. I have so many friends that love it, just not for me. I'm a Spinner personally. It's great cardio, can be intense, but only becuase I let it be. I also love Yoga, Body Flow and Body Pump. Sh'Bam and Body Jam are also favorites of mine, dance classes, but not everyone offers them like they do Zumba
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Are you doing it in a class or with a DVD? I took a class with an awesome instructor and it was a blast. Then she left and we got a new one...not so cool. She was really low energy and boring (and in really bad shape!).
  • gdelg732
    gdelg732 Posts: 12
    Options
    Omg you are the first person I heard that said that lol. I love it and you burn a lot of calories. I have the DVDs though and it took me a while to learn the moves and some I haven't mastered yet. Keep at it you will not learn over night. When you get use to it you get a good work out, you can burn up to 1000 calories in an hour.
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am not coordinated it all but zumba works for me because even though I don't get the moves right at first there are others in the class like me so I can handle that part
    but I love going to body pump, body blast, or the kick and tone classes at my gym you could try those
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba, but if you don't, you just need to keep trying things until you discover what YOU like. I mix up my workouts. I do 30-day shred DVD, sometimes I run or walk around the neighborhood, I try other classes at the gym (there's pilates, step, kickboxing, etc.) and I love to rollerblade and go mountain-biking. My advice is to keep trying things...jump-rope,swimming, tennis, dance, sports, etc. There are so many things to try, I'm sure you'll find something you enjoy, or at least tolerate. :)
  • janic1968
    janic1968 Posts: 6
    Options
    I don't like zumba either, don't worry, I'm walking and I'm happy with that! Keep it up! Zumba is not for everyone.
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    i dont like it either! I am too uncoordinated for that CRAP! Give me P90x any day of the week and i'm fine but when I try Zumba I look like I have tourettes!!! LOL
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am very uncoordinated, but love Zumba. I go with friends and we just laugh and have fun. I'm going to wrong way at times and miss steps. However, the instructor makes a HUGE difference. My regular class has a great instruction who is a lot of fun. I took a different class recently and did not like the instructor's style at all. It wasn't as much fun and I just wanted it to be over.....

As the others have said it isn't for everyone and you have to find what works for you! Good luck.
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Not a Zumba fan at all, I have tried it a couple times and decide to pass on it.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    It was okay and I can do it occasionally but I prefer Tae-Bo, Walk away the pounds, turbo jam (it takes a bit of coordination but its easier to learn than zumba) and 30 day shred is amazing. I'm on day 8 and already see results from it.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Everyone's different. Anything that requires me to do the same thing twice without being strapped to a machine is doomed to failure. Golf...tennis...basically any sport involving a stick of some sort. And dancing? Haven't done that in 30 years. I stick to weights and cardio and leave the fun stuff to the fully coordinated. I can't be good at everything! :wink:

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    I have a friend taking a kickboxing class that she just LOVES and back when I would take some classes, I really liked one called Core Pilates. The 30 Day Shred DVD is a great workout for burning calories, and I LOVE my elliptical. :) Also, if you have a HRM, you'd be surprised how many calories you can burn with stuff like mowing your grass :) (I've burned over 1200 twice now since summer started when I mowed my lawn :P)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Class or video game? I think the class is GREAT, the instructor, the energy in general is wonderful! :love: I have only tried the game at the store and it stinks...lol :sick:

I playe snot outta Just Dance, but that's because deep down, I just love to dance.. sure I look like a fool, but I'm having a blast :laugh:

To each their own.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm completely uninterested in zumba, even though I LOVE TO DANCE! Weird, I know. Anyhow, you will probably find that you like Tae Bo and maybe even Turbo Fire! Turbofire is amazing, I absolutely love it and have gotten great results from it, but some people say it's hard to get the moves down. I don't think it's that hard once you get the basic moves down though. Good luck to you in finding something you like.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    There are SO many great things to do for your exercise routines! I love boxing and kettlebells myself.

I have a not so secret passion for bellydancing. FANTASTIC core workout and burns calories like crazy but it's not for everyone. One of my friends even makes fun of me for lovin it so much! (good natured fun making of course) Same goes or Zumba - dont feel you are odd for not being into it! :smile: Find your niche and blossom in it! :flowerforyou:
  • badcook21
    badcook21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try another instructor before you give up. I got lucky with my first Zumba class because it had a great instructor. I've taken other Zumba classes where the instructors are so terrible that people walk out after just a few minutes. If you still don't like, then I agree with many of the others who suggest Jillian Michaels's DVDs. I also love cycling classes because you don't have to be coordinated and you also have your own designated area.