Question For Parents !

Options
myheartsabattleground
myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
Would you be willing to wear "hand me ups" from your children ? I recently gave a beautiful one piece swimsuit from aerie to my mom, since it was labeled as a 2X, when it was really a 1X.

It's a little loose on her, but better than nothing. I'm more into tankinis anyhow.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Aerie is a pretty young store...
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    My son lent me a Tshirt with a logo of our favourite hockey team because he said I didn't have one and needed one for family pictures so we all match...... but I think that's a little different, he's a 9 year old boy and I was just surprised and a little happy it is able to fit me..

In terms of if I was to give something to my mom, I don't think she would have a problem with it if it suited her style and fit. That being said my sense of style and my mothers are quite different and bathing suits are incredibly personal and everyone feels different about what 'suits' them best.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Aerie is a pretty young store...

I'm 25 with the mentality of a 15 year old, so I'll take it xD

Plus my mom REALLY needed a new swimsuit.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,997 Member
    Options
    I would wear "hand me ups" from my daughter if I could. But she is underweight and I am still overweight so I can only share scarves and shoes with her. I have confiscated several of my son's t-shirts that he left at home when he went to college and sometimes I wear them when I work out.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I would...but my daughters are 4 and 20 months old lol. No amount of weight loss would get me into 4 year old clothing (and nor would I want it to). My son is 6, and a very tall 6, so it probably won't be long before his t-shirts fit me!